Help! Lost Job, No benefits

AngryDover
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I recently lost my job, due to financial problems, (I borrowed some money from my employer via company credit card, which was paid back but company basically gave me the option of quitting or being sacked.)

I was advised by someone (a friend) who works for JCP that because I left my job and the circumstances I wouldn't get any benefits.

My partner and I have tried to make his salary (£800) last as long as possible but with rent, gas and electric, phones and a small amount of food, we've run out...

Could you please advise whether JCP will give me a crisis loan and would I get Benefits if I applied?

Many thanks for your help

Sounds like they would class it as theft or misappropriating company funds either way IMO it would be a sackable offence. Anyway have you signed on yet? although you may not get jsa as you quit it may entitle you to other benefits, i would assume that you will get CTB and HB have you applied?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Just playing the devil's advocate here, the only chance the OP has is to claim he/she was bullied into quitting but did nothing wrong to deserve it. Not nuch chance to win but nothing to lose either.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, I misunderstood the section of the staff handbook which permits the use of the company credit card in emergency situation. Rather than being advised that it had been misunderstood, they swung straight into disciplinary action, which was headed straight for a dismissal.

I spoke to the Crisis Loan people, who were very helpful. They arranged funds for us to survive and advised me that I am eligible for JSA, CTB and HB. The guy seemed to think that I should get JSA even though I resigned and should be able to backdate.

Yes a claim for JSA can be made and HB and CtB too, they will be awarded if the qualifying conditions are met.

Backdating is a different kettle of fish as you will need to demonstrate good cause for not applying sooner and you need to meet the conditions for extending the date of claim.

The O will be asked for te reasons why previous employment ended and paperwork os likely to be given to OP (ES84JP) and quite possible infornation requested from te previous employers too via ES85JP.

If the date the job ended was prior to 22nd October then the OP could be facing a possible sanction of up to 26 weeks but if it was after 22nd october then the maximum sanction would be 13 weeks froom the date the job ended.