• Tweets

• Ok so here we go, amounts are vaguely rounded...I currently have an active contract with 3 that I have had for about 6 years, and have never had a contract with EE:   Name of the Claimant: Lowell Portfolio Ltd   Date of issue: 5th November 2019   Particulars of Claim: The Claim comprises the following Agreements the Defendant entered into: a) EE Limited with reference x and current balance of £100 b) Hutchison 3G UK Ltd with ref x and current balance of £150 c) Hutchison 3G UK Ltd with ref x and current balance of £750   What is the total value of the claim? £1200   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes, but I don't have the letter   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? I moved temporarily to multiple other addresses abroad and in the UK, then returned to the original address.   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No I have never spoken to, acknowledged or written to the claimant, but anyway I have kept my current address as my permanent address for most correspondence including for banking and phone contracts. Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? 3 (the number) mobile phone accounts (2 by 3 (the company))   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After (one I don't believe I ever entered into), all would have been between about 5 and 6 years ago   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? I'm not sure   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. All debt sold to Lowell Portfolio   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes (but I don't have it)   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not sure, likely yes (I was living abroad during the last 4 years )   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Not sure, likely yes   Why did you cease payments? Financial reasons   What was the date of your last payment? Unknown, likely between 5 and 6 years ago   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No    
    • right lets clear some things up. private parking and proof of parking. The y have used ANPR to capture some inages of the vehicle enteringa dn elaving the land but you sound like you are trying to attack this from teh wrong direction regarding proof. they wont drop the matter so you have to dig up the dirt trather than jsut say prove it to them   tell us the hire co was for starters, ther may be peopel who have experiance that can help ypu without saying anything to the parking co at all   name the palces and as you went there I hope that you had read a load of threads here and can supply us with a bettery of images to shwo us what you are on about. If you cnat then you will be going back there again, not only to show us but to appeal the tickets anyway so it wont be a wasted journey. lasty we would like you to try and sneak soem pictures of teh vahicle you hired to show any small differences with the ones in the parking pictures, ie different reg palte makers mark, things stuck to windows, colour of interior of vehicle etc. any small change will help you show that the plates have beeen cloned. YOU have to do the legwork, no-one else is interested until the time someone gets run over.
    • Dont really think that cuts it.. simply the above only covers your set aside reason.   put the you have evidence you informed the original creditor of your current address on xxx ..some xxx months/years before the ccj.   id also drop the embarrass ed defence bit at the end.   what defence are you offering that you dont owe the money? Simply saying the claimant might not have paperwork is immaterial. The ccj trumps that.  
    • ther thing we need to do is identify the land correctly, so state where exactly it was. If you mean the Tesco/aldi car park  then there is a sign at the entrance but that isnt an offer pf a parking contract with charges fro breaching it so maybe an invitation to teat at best. Cant tell who it is with though so not good for these bandits
    • Hi,   I've been sent a claim form from Hoist finance UK Holdings, after speaking with them I believe it's with Robinson way.   I dont recall ever being sent a letter of claim beforehand, the debt is a Barclaycard and the amount if around £1500.   Speaking to robinson way they are unwilling to negotiate with me and simply told me to return the claim form.    Is there anything I can do to avoid the CCJ, I'm happy to arrange a payment plan with them and certainly would've if a letter of claim was sent.   Thanks 
  • Our picks

gemspan

Vodafone charged £10+ for a call I did not make to a spammer

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2525 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a £10 a month contract with Vodafone. I recently upgraded my phone and the guy in the shop said it would be more economical if I took a monthly contract. I decided to take the £10 contract. This entitles me to 300 free minutes, unlimited texts and internet usage.

My first bill was just under £11.00. The next bill I have received was for over £25 and I called to query it. I was told that on a specific day I called an 0843 number and spoke for 37 minutes. I did not! I searched the number and found it was a PPI reclaim company and I would never call one of them back. how did this happen that I'm being charged this amount for a call I did not make?

In addition I was charged £2 for 2 text messages from a marketing company. Again, I said I did not send messages and do not look at spam but simply delete it. I searched the name of the company the guy gave me and it is related to Vodafone. It uses their SMS service to supply codes for your phone.

I currently cannot get internet access unless in my own home using my Sky broadband and I have to speak to tech dept.

Surely if I am paying for a service then in order for me to get that service they need to send me codes....but how can they charge me for this when I wouldnt be getting the service without the codes. I do remember 2 codes being sent to my old phone when I put the sim back in to try and get my contacts. Surely this is against consumer law?

Can anybody shed any light on this please? I had no problems on PAYG with stuff like this. It just seems to be since I bought this new phone and went onto a monthly contract. I am really annoyed about it because I have to call to query when I don't want spam texts to my phone, didn't ask for them...and I ceertainly did not call an 0843 number and talk for 37 minutes.

I had this happen to me.

Orange have the ability to tell me who the company are (in regards to the texts) and gave me a support number for the offenders. I called them and complained, saying that I had not asked for these services, to which I was told, tough.

It was explained to me that clicking a link in an app I use frequently on my phone was the cause of this problem and when I clicked the ad (Which I do all the time with my sausage fingers!) I entered into a contract to be sent links to games and ringtones.

When I explained that this was fraudulent and I'd be involving the police and Ofcom, they very quickly backed down and sent me a cheque for £19.50 (I was only after £9.50) after checking their records and seeing I'd been charged for various different things my phone didn't even support!

Keep on at them, it's always worth it :)

Hi gemspan,

I can understand the concerns you've raised here and I'm happy to get this investigated further.

To enable me to do this could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAGlink31.gif Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thank you Lee. I will do that now. I spent almost an hour yesterday trying to get this sorted with Customer Services. They tell me that I did make the telephone call...but I know I didn't. Why would I spend 37 minutes speaking to a PPI helpline when I have claimed back PPI myself using this website? I'm at the stage of thinking I just want to return to PAYG as I got nothing like this before I had a contract. The girl yesterday told me to cancel my DD...which I did. I asked her to put it on my records that she advised me to do this until it was sorted. I received a text today advising me that I had cancelled my DD and to contact them to pay my bill. The bill is wrong and that's the reason they told me to cancel the DD. I only received the installation details yesterday for the pack I have purchased in the contract....and I had to call them to get that! Its just been a mess and I wish I'd never changed. Scared to use the Phone in case I get charged. I am sick and need my phone but can't afford £25 per month and hence why I used PAYG previously. Thank you

Re: as per CAG Gemspan [#10704233] This is the automated response number. Thank you for helping me try to sort this out.