• Tweets

• Ahh, discussion thread. Thank whoever. Forgotten what the points were  now, I will read and get back later.
    • I have completed answers as noted above.   Name of the Claimant ?  IDEM Capital Securities Limited Date of issue – 12 Nov 2019   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? a)      A credit card agreement made between MBNA Europe Bank Limited and the cardholder b)     Claimant purchased the balance on the account on xx/2016 c)      Cardholder accrued balance £5500 d)     Cardholder defaulted on payments e)      Claimant issued formal demand requesting payment on xx/2019 f)       Amount now due £ 5500 Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ?  Yes Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? n/a What is the total value of the claim? £6000 (now including fees) Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account?  Credit Card Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? By post When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? July 1995 Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.  Debt Purchaser Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?  Yes Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor?  Yes -though I am unable to find a copy Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ?  Unsure Why did you cease payments? Advised to as there was no enforceable CCA What was the date of your last payment? Feb 2019 Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?  Unsure Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?  Originally informed MBNA that we were in difficulty and arranged a payment plan with them, they later sold the debt to Britannia Sarl (?) and we continued with the same payments, this was then sold to Moorcroft and we again continued the same payments. At some point later we contacted Moorcroft to advise our circumstances had changed and we offered a lower payment.  We were asked for income and expenses which we didn’t provide as we had contacted a debt help organisation who helped us work out what we could afford, however we did receive a letter on another debt at the same time accepting a lower payment (the circumstances were exactly the same – MBNA debt, sold to Britannia, sold onto Moorcroft) We continued with the lower payments.  In the last year we discovered that all our other debts were no longer showing on our credit files but this one was showing as continual defaults month on month. We contacted IDEM to ask why and they said the previous DCA hadn’t agreed to the lower payment and therefore we were continuing to default. At this point I sought advice from CAG and they advised me to ask for the CCA. I received a photocopy of the original application form and a page of Terms and Conditions that I was advised by CAG were not a CCA and I should stop paying.   I further received a pre-action protocol which I completed and returned and in response I received a notice of assignment, account statement and default notice  as I had requested, but they ignored the fact that I said they had provided an unenforceable CCA.
    • Just to update no reply from Marston regarding letter no further visit as yet.    
    • said that many times already.   time to move on me thinks   dx
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2537 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi,

sorry, couldnt find a forum for FLM. but they are known as amigo loans, flm quick, richmond group..

is there any way FLM loans will freeze interest charges?

they were told a few weeks ago that there is now financial hardship and they were asked to stop interest so that it would give a realistic opportunity to repay the debt.

is there a way to force them to do this?