arianna22

Benefit cap help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2507 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi trying to get some help for my neighbour , don.t go all high and mighty over this but her and her husband have 8 children plus 2 grandchildren all living in a 4 bed house. they are on benefits due to her husband who was taken ill some years ago after he kept blacking out she gave up work to look after him as he was looking after the kids and was told he was.nt to be left alone. he.s been signed off dla this year and now the benefit cap affects othem and don.t know what to do .he suffers depression but don.t blackout so much anymore docs said it was all stress related but can.t be hundred percent. he.s not been found fit for work. she suffers depression after her daughter was raped a few years ago and the boy got away with it she had to cope with all that and gave birth within 2 wks of it happening and moved house six weeks later 5 days before christmas as the family was being bullied about the rape.they don.t live lavish life style they don.t drink or smoke they never go out or on holidays they are in debt and trying to make ends meet.they don.t know what to do she.s not sleeping she crys a lot and all they can think of is that they are going to be homeless in april as they.ve been told they won.t get no housing benefit anymore they.ve been looking for jobs but nothing going for them . its stupid cause this really only affects large familys.what about all the other familys claiming that only have 2/4. kids don.t affect them. they.re only option is work or pay 510 a month out of you benefits can you really see that happening.please do not slag the family off they.ve had a hard time over the last few years and they.ve only made it through cause they got each other and i envy that they go everywhere together and they are dependant on each other.where can they go for help cab was.nt really bothered and said nothing can be done. is this discrimination against having a large family. and what about your rights. i think before these mps make decisions they should accually live on benefits first to see if they can manage.

are all the children/grandchildren dependants?

or are they adults? if they are adults, are they working? can any of them contribute to housing costs?

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

ones in work based learning after is college course was full he.s 16 the oldest is 18 and not working just had a baby and broken up with its father.she.s hoping to move out her self as to cramped its the case of not being able to afford a place herself. they are trying he.s a landscaper he knows what he.s doing but not got the qualifactions sorry about the spelling .and not the right time of year to get that kind of job even tried around the country but he.s been out if work to long no one wants to give him the time of day.he can.t work inside got a phobia about that and will lose is mind if he.s confined in doors he.s always out is back pottering about or in is shed they.re a lovely family and will help anyone .

Edited by arianna22

families receiving working tax credit are exempt from the cap

so if either of the parents start work and claim WTC, they will not be affected by the cap

this may not have been possible when children were younger, but if some of the children are able to help with caring for their father, maybe the mother could get a job and claim WTC

alternatively if the father could be reawarded DLA, this would also exempt them from the cap

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

hi got taken off dla saying not ill enough its hard to get it now they appealed twice but lost they should of gone and had help with it. where we live nothing really going most things are shutting and so many unemployed people. i.ve got a relative who.s been refused dla and hes git cancer he had a massive op been very ill lost so much weight u can.t reconise him he.s appealled and lost twice also they said he.s not sick enough what a laugh he.s been that suck they couldn.t give him is cemo.

ok if you work 16 hours a week on min wage don.t know what it is so if someone can work it out what else can you get. 1 will they still be able to get rent paid or part.2 what will they.re income be are they really going to be better off. 3 what if one of them decides they need more qualifications and went on a college course to get them so they can get into work will it affect them then.

hi got taken off dla saying not ill enough its hard to get it now they appealed twice but lost they should of gone and had help with it. where we live nothing really going most things are shutting and so many unemployed people. i.ve got a relative who.s been refused dla and hes git cancer he had a massive op been very ill lost so much weight u can.t reconise him he.s appealled and lost twice also they said he.s not sick enough what a laugh he.s been that suck they couldn.t give him is cemo.

Some people with non-terminal cancer can't get DLA because the treatment and the effects of the treatment don't last long enough.

stupid he can.t eat he.s had the bit at the bottom of your throught and on top of your stomach removed massive tumour it was stopped him from eating can.t work and sleeps a lot he.s got to be made to eat but can.t keep it down . to make matters worse he lost is neice to stomach cancer just after he found out he had it she lastest not 6 months after finally be diagnoised sorry about spelling.36 she was its been really hard on him cause they found hers to late and feels guilty how can they turn someone down like that when so many others get it for stupid things .