• Tweets

• Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Urgent help required RE: Arrow Global / Bryan Carter Solicitors / NCCBC Court Claim

J2K
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and I have an urgent request for help.

I have read through numerous threads and see lots of similarities between my case and others on the forum so I decided to follow the advice given to others. Now I need some help. I have just received the following letter today from Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP, following the submission online of my defence. I do not believe that this debt belongs to me.

I will start with the most recent correspondence and then give a chronological account from the start. Please bear with me :|

I was issued a Claim form on 26/09/2012 by Northampton (CCBC). The claimant is Arrow Global Ltd and the solicitors is Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP.

Product: Visa

Our Client: Arrow Global Limited

Accout No: **********************

Balance: sum includes court fee and solicitor's costs (Before we even get to court?!)

Without Prejudice

Dear Claimant

We have been notified by the court that you have filed a Defence to this claim. In an attempt to settle this matter before hearing and in order to avoid either party incurring further costs, we confirm that our client is prepared to accept payment of the full balance by monthly instalments. Please insert an affordable sum in relation to your financial circumstances in the blank space in the proposed Order and return it to us within 7 days. Provided the amount is reasonable we will sign the Order and send it to the court to be sealed

Alternatively, if you would prefer to settle this debt now then please contact us on 0845 ******* for a settlement figure.

We Look forward to hearing from you and hope that we can agree to settle this matter without the need for a Court hearing but if we do not hear from you we will apply to Court to strike out your Defence at hearing, if successful, may result in further costs being payable by you.

Yours Sincerely

Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So starting from the beginning...

Following a recent car accident and having to take out a hire car on credit I receive a claim via Northampton CCBC

Please find the claim details below.

Issue Date: 26 SEP 2012

Particulars of Claim

THE CLAIMANT'S CLAIM IS FOR THE BALANCE DUE UNDER AN AGREEMENT WHICH IS NOW ALL DUE AND PAYABLE.

THE DEFENDANT AGREED TO PAY MONTHLY INSTALMENTS UNDER THE ACCOUNT NUMBER ********************* BUT HAS FAILED TO DO SO.

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS THE SUM OF £800

THE CLAIMANT ALSO CLAIMS INTEREST THEREON PURSUANT TO S.69 COUNTY COURT ACT 1984 LIMITED TO ONE YEAR TO THE DATE HEREOF AT THE RATE OF 8% PER ANNUM AMOUNTING TO 0.00

AMOUNT CLAIMED: £800 (Rounded figure)

COURT FEE: £55

SOLICITOR'S COSTS: £70

TOTAL AMOUNT: £925 (Rounded figure)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the same day I received the following letter by Bryan Carter Solicitors

Our Client: Arrow Global Limited

Account No: *************************

Balance £925 (rounded)

Dear **********

As you have failed to make repayments on the above account we have now issued litigation proceedings in the County Court. You will receive the claim form in the next 48 hours direct from the Court.

You can telephone us in 0845 ******* to discuss this matter

If judgement is entered against you and remains unsatisfied it will remain on the Judgement Register for six years and you may have difficulties obtaining further credit.

Your Sincerely

Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP

Prior to these letters I had no prior contact from BC or AG, there was no indication in the letters or the claim to what the monies supposedly owed were for. So I started to panic..... I didn't contact BC or AG until a friend suggested I check the internet, this is when I stumbled upon CAG, I was so relieved the I wasn't the only one experiencing this.

So I read a few threads on CAG, Submitted the Acknowledgment of Service on 07/10/2012 and sent out the following to BC and AG:

First Letter to Letter to Arrow Global and Bryan Carter (Sent recorded and to be signed for)

CC: All Staff Collections Department

10 Oct 2012

This is NOT a complaint, a query, a request for a statement/agreement and is NOT to be treated as one. By doing so, you will agree to pay £5,000.00 in damages.

Do not refer to me as Mr/Mrs/Ms or any title, which is a legal fiction and is not me. By doing so, you will also agree to pay £5,000.00 in damages.

Re: Account Number: ***************************

Dear Interloper

Thank you for your recent contact dated: 26 Sep 2012.

I feel this matter is serious and wish to deal with it in writing. I do not give you permission to contact me by telephone. I will be logging the dates and times of your calls and messages and should they continue, I must warn you that they will now constitute ‘harassment' and I may take action under Section 1 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. I may also take further action under the Administration of Justice Act 1970 S.40, which makes it a Criminal Offence for a creditor or a creditor's agent to make demands (for money), which are aimed at causing 'alarm, distress or humiliation', because of their frequency or manner.

Please provide verification of your claim, including a lawful contract; a hand signed invoice in accordance with Bills of Exchange Act (1882) and proof of agency within ten (10) days from the above date so that I may settle any financial obligation I might lawfully owe. Your said failure to provide verification of your claim constitutes your agreement to the following terms: that you are a third party interloper; you have no legal standing; no first-hand knowledge of this matter; your claim is fraudulent; any damages I suffer you will be held culpable; you agree to pay all fee schedules; that any negative remarks made to a credit reference agency will be removed and that you will no longer pursue this matter any further.

Should you provide sufficient evidence that I owe your organisation or your client any outstanding amount and that you can provide proof that they have assigned you agency, I should be happy to pay any verified claim in full.

Yours sincerely

By:

Authorised Agent and Representative for

No assured value, No liability. Errors & Omissions Excepted. All Rights Reserved.

WITHOUT RECOURSE – NON-ASSUMPSIT

Calls maybe recorded

There was no response from Arrow Global.

Bryan Carter responded with this:

22/10/2012

Dear Mr ******

RE: CAPITALONE (EUROPE) PLC

ACCOUNT NO: ***************************** (Completely different number to that of original letter dated 26/09/12)

OUTSTANDING BALANCE: £1250.00 (Rounded off)

Thank you for your correspondence.

We confirm that we act as agents for Arrow Global Limited and are instructed to collect the outstanding balance; as such we are lawful processors of your data.

It is our client's policy to provide agreements to it's customers at the point of contract and statements throughout and therefore you have already been provided with validation of the debt. If you require further copied please refer your request to your client direct at:

Arrow Global Limited

[ADDRESS]

You may be required to pay a fee under statutory rules for the production of the copies.

In the event that this matter is litigated by our client disclosure and evidence will be provided in accordance with the directions of the Court.

All future communications should be in writing.

Yours Sincerely

Bryan Carter

Second letter sent to Arrow Global(Again sent recorded delivery and signed for)

Collections Department

Arrow Global Limited

Belvedere

12 Booth Street

Manchester

M2 4AW

24/10/2012

This is NOT a complaint, a query, a request for a statement/agreement and is NOT to be treated as one. By doing so, you will agree to pay £5,000.00 in damages.

Do not refer to me as Mr/Mrs/Ms or any title, which is a legal fiction and is not me. By doing so, you will also agree to pay £5,000.00 in damages.

Re: Account Number: (ORIGINAL ACCOUNT NO. QUOTED ON CORRENSPONDENCE from BC dated 26/09/12)

Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP recently referenced: Capital One (Europe) PLC Account No: ******************* (ACCOUNT NO. QUOTED ON CORRESPONDENCE FROM BC dated

Dear Interloper

I wrote to you on 10/10/2012 requesting verification of your claim including a lawful contract; a signed invoice and proof of agency to validate your claim, so that I may settle any financial obligation I might lawfully owe. Your said failure to provide the requested documentation within ten (10) days from the above date will constitute your agreement to the following terms:

1. That you are a third party interloper;

2. That you have no legal standing;

3. That you have no first-hand knowledge of this matter;

4. That your claim is fraudulent;

5. That any damages I suffer, you will be held culpable;

6. That any negative remarks made to a credit reference agency will be removed;

7. You will no longer pursue this matter any further;

8. That you agree to pay all Fee Schedules.

Should you provide sufficient evidence that I owe your organisation or your client any outstanding amount and that you can provide proof that they have assigned you agency, I should be happy to pay any verified claim in full.

Yours sincerely,

MY NAME

Authorised Agent and Representative for MY NAME

No assured value, No liability. Errors & Omissions Excepted. All Rights Reserved.

Calls maybe recorded

Still no response from Arrow Global, on the same day I sent the following to Bryan Carter Solicitors (Recorded Delivery and needing to be signed for).

PLEASE CONFIRM THE CLAIM IS BELOW £5000

Re: Arrow Global v Mr Yue Man

Ref: ARR/********

Claim No:********

CPR 31.14Request

On (26/09/2012) I received the Claim Form in this case issued by you out of the Northampton County Court Bulk Centre

I confirm having returned my acknowledgement of service to the court in which I indicate my intention to contest all of your claim.

Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of [each of the following / the] document(s) mentioned in your Particulars of Claim:

1 The agreement.

You will appreciate that in an ordinary case and by reason of the provisions of CPR PD 16 para 7.3, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.

2 The deed of assignment.

3 The notice of assignment including proof of service.

4 The default notice.

5 The termination notice.

Although your claim is for a sum which is not more than £5,000.00 and will in all likelihood be allocated to the small claims track for determination upon my delivering a defence, at this moment in time I have not delivered my defence and the case has not been allocated to a track. In consequence the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect and you should not seek to avoid compliance with your CPR 31 duties by claiming otherwise

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter. Your CPR 31 duties extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for the originals of the documents I have requested, the better for you to be able to verify the document's authenticity and to provide me with a legible copy. Further, where I have requested a copy of a document, the original of which is now in the possession of another person, you will have a right to possession of that document if you have mentioned it in your case. You must take immediate steps to recover and preserve it for the purpose of this case.

Where I have mentioned a document and there is in your possession more than one version of that same document owing to a modification, obliteration or other marking or feature, each version will be a separate document and you must provide a copy of each version of it to me. Your obligations extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for any version(s) to include an obligation to recover and preserve such version(s) which are now in the possession of a third party.

In accordance with CPR 31.15© I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14request.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing. You must tell me before the time for compliance with this request has expired. In telling me you require more time you must tell me what steps you have taken and propose to take in order to comply with this request and also state a date by when you will comply with this request. In addition your statement must be accompanied with a statement that you agree to an extension of the time for me to file my defence. Your extension of time must be not less than 14 days from the date when you say you will have complied with my request and you must state the new date for filing my defence.

If you are unable to comply with this request and believe that you will never be able to comply with this request you must tell me in writing.

Please note that if you should fail to comply with this request, fail to request more time or fail to agree to an extension of time for the filing of my defence, I will make an application to the court for an order that the proceedings be struck out or stayed for non-compliance and a summary costs order.

I do hope this will not be necessary and look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

MY NAME

I receive this from Bryan Carter:

7/11/2012

Dear Mr ********

ARROW GLOBAL LIMITED V MR ******* *******

ACCOUNT NUMBER: ******************** (ORIGINAL ACCOUNT NO FROM CORRESPONDENCE DATED 26/09/2012)

CLAIM NUMBER: [NUMBER FROM NCCBC CLAIM LETTER]

AMOUNT OUTSTANDING: £925 (rounded)

We write to your request for disclosure under Part 31 of the Civil Procedure Rules.

We confirm that form was issued by the Northampton County Court Bulk Centre and the Court's protocol was followed when issuing the Claimant's Particulars of Claim. Practice Direction 7C point 1.4(3A) eliminates the requirement to attach the documents to the Particulars of Claim when they are issued by this Court

WE Confirm that this matter would be most properly be allocated to the Small Claims Track and Part 31 of the Civil Procedure Rules will not apply. We do not accept your comments in relation to Civil Procedure Rules 27(2). We confirm that we have nevertheless requested documentation from our client and hope to revert to you shortly, although this will not be within 7 days.

We confirm the Claimant has consented to an extension of time for the filing of any defence to this Claim until 26/11/2012.

We are advised that it was the original creditor's policy to provide its customers with agreements at the point of contract and statements throughout the duration of the account. The Notices you seek have left control of the Claimant and we refer you to your own records.

We recommend that you seek independent legal advice.

Your Sincerely

Bryan Carter

The following Defence was submitted on 27/11/2012 online.

Defence and Counterclaim

Claim number:

Claimant: ARROW GLOBAL LIMITED

Defendant: MR ******

How much of the claim do you dispute?

I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.

Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it?

No, for other reasons.

Defence

1. Paragraph 1 is nether admitted or denied with regards to the

Defendant entering in to an Agreement referred to in the

Particulars of Claim ('the Agreement') the Claimant has yet to

disclose any Agreement. Furthermore any claim for partial monies

is averred Contrary to s35 of the county court Act 1984 s35

Division of causes of action.

2. Paragraph 2 is noted with regards to termination of the alleged

contractual Agreement , the Defendant has no knowledge, therefore

the Claimant is placed to strict proof there of.

3. Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any

monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the

Claimant: and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for: and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under

statute or equity to issue a claim:

4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the

Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt,

it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to

contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and

Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

6. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied

that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Signed

I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true

My Name

27/11/2012

Defendant's date of birth

Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you

Didn't hear anything from Bryan Carter until today..... Please see the first letter in this post.

Any help on what to do next would be appreciated.

Edited by J2K

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to our Legal Issues Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi J2K and a warm welcome to CAG

A very succinct synopsis of events and a nice defence:wink:

So what happens next ...you will get a letter from AG stating Lawyer for rent has left the building and this will now be dealt with by their in house experts (I state experts very loosely)

Nothing will happen until AG signify to the Court they wish to proceed.....the matter will be stayed if not.If they do respond you will receive an AQ (Allocation Questionnaire) this places the claim into its track and transfers the claim to your local County Court.

In the meantime I would advocate you send a section 77/78 request to AG with inclusion of a £1 PO.This is a legal request for the agreement and if not complied with they will be in default and unable to enforce should the matter proceed.

(Letter in Templates Library letter N)

Regards

Andy

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

Thanks for responding so promptly. As it stands, I do not need to respond to Bryan Carter?

Do I send the 77/78 request to AG before or after I get the letter from their in-house lawyer?

Thank you in advance, your assistance is much appreciated.

J

No need to respond to BC, he has stated that an agreed period of extension is fine.Attach a copy of that to your letter to Northampton informing them that this as been agreed pursuant to CPR15.5

Send the Section 78 ASAP because they have 12 days plus service to respond..if they fail to comply they will be in default and will struggle to enforce.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi Andy,

Thanks, I'll send the Section 78 letter out this weekend.

Regarding the extension agreed by BC, they extended til the 26/11/2012, this has now passed, how does this affect things?

Kind Regards

J

Having submitted your defence anyway disregard that.

Andy

• 1 month later...

Hi Andy,

I wanted to update you on the situation

I received a letter from HM Tribunals and Courts dated 28th November 2012 to confirm that they had received my defence and that they would serve it to the Claimant (or Claimant's Solicitor)

I received a letter dated 13 December 2012 from Bryan Carter informing me that they are no longer instructed by Arrow Global and will be returning the account back to them.

I received the following letter dated 19 December from Arrow Global

Dear Mr *******************

DEBT OWED TO Arrow Global Limited

ASSIGNED BY ************ (ACCOUNT NUMBER****************)

CLAIM NUMBER *************

We are the claimant in this matter.

We refer to the above and your defence dated 27 November 2012, the contents of which are noted.

We enclose notice of change of Solicitor by way of service on you, as the claim is now being dealt with by our specialist in-house litigation team. Please therefore ensure that all future correspondence is sent directly to us at the address below quoting reference number

We note that your defence is based on grounds that you dispute entering into an agreement, you have no knowledge of the termination of the contract and your believe that Arrow Global do not have the right to the claim as the assignee of the debt.

To confirm, this claim is in relation to a ***************** credit card taken out on ******* 2003. Pursuant to the account information provided by the originating creditor the account was defaulted on or about the ********* 2003

Arrow Global Limited acquired the account on ************ 2009 and notice of assignement was sent to you on or about ********** 2009 pursuant to the Law of Property act 1925.

We hope that this information helps you to identify the account and look forward to recieving notice that your defence has been with drawn. Should you wish to discuss the matter further, or believe that your still have an outstanding query, please contact us at you earliest opportunity in a bid to resolve this matter amicably and save recourse to further legal action and costs.

Yours Sincerely

Arrow Global

I sent a Section 78 letter following your advice an still have not had a response, it is well passed the 12 day time limit.

I then receive a notice of transfer of proceedings from Northampton (CCBC)

saying that the claim has now been transferred to my local county court as the CCBC Sol is No Longer Acting

What do I do now? I have no money saved up, I'm due out of the country in a couple of weeks to deal with some family issues and worry that things will progress in my absence. really need some advice now.

I vaguely remember having an account similar to what Arrow Global describe, however I was never served notified that the account had changed hands. Also, I believe that because it is now approaching 6 years and the account they mention is soon to be statute barred is why they are so aggressive in pursuing the matter.

Thank you in advance.

As predicted in post #4 :roll:

Hi J2K

Due to recent changes in the CPR/process and Salford... AQs can now be dispatched automatically in specific cases. (except Moneyclaims)

Part 26 Case Management – Preliminary Stage

Amendments were made to the transfer provisions to allow the automatic transfer of cases from the County Court Money Claims Centre to a county court in specific circumstances.

Part 26 Case Management – Preliminary Stage

Amendments were made to provide that the court will no longer automatically dispatch an allocation questionnaire to parties following filing of a defence, unless a party is unrepresented.

Therefore it now follows that not all claimants may have responded to a defence for the AQs to be released and claim transferred. Only if the AQS are completed by both parties will the claim proceed ( if its not completed by the Claimant then it will carry sanctions see above)

Have you received your AQ and if so what date must it be submitted by?

Regards

Andy

Yes they state its been transferred so its waiting for your Local CC to issue the AQ

Hello,

It appears that Global Arrow have provided you with a complete defence by confirming that the debt is over 6 years and therefore statute barred.

To confirm, this claim is in relation to a ***************** credit card taken out on ******* 2003. Pursuant to the account information provided by the originating creditor the account was defaulted on or about the ********* 2003

Arrow Global Limited acquired the account on ************ 2009 and notice of assignement was sent to you on or about ********** 2009 pursuant to the Law of Property act 1925.

I would write and point this out to them with a CRP request for the last claimed payment date.

Martin g

Hi Martin,

Apologies for the late response, I didn't get a notification of your post :/ Thanks for pointing this out to me, I'll contact Arrow Global ASAP. What is a CRP request an where might I find one?

Hi Andy,

I have now received an AQ today, The issue that I have is that I will be out of the country until the day after the date the AQ needs to be returned to my local county court 04/02/2013. How should I proceed? Also I've still not had a response to my S78 letter :/

If you could respond at your earliest convenience it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

You will have to submit the AQ before you depart.

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

Apologies for the delay in posting, a lot has been going on in my life since the last post.

So since my last post it seems things have spiraled out of control a bit. Here is what has happened

I filled out an allocation questionnaire and sent it to my local county court prior to my trip out of the country via Recorded Delivery.

Upon my return I find the following correspondence from Arrow Global

22/01/2013

Dear XXXX

DEBT OWED TO Arrow Global Limited

Assigned by LTSB ( Account Number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

WE write further to the above and are disappointed to note you have not responded to our letter dated XX December 2012.

Accordingly we now enclose a copy of the allocation questionnaire filed in this matter by way of service on you. We also enclose a copy of your signed credit agreement and terms and conditions relating to the account that have been supplied by Lloyds TSB.

We urge you to contact us directly in a bid to resolve the issues and save further recourse to court proceedings and the unnecessary occurrence of further time an costs by all parties.

Telephone the number below to make arrangements to pay your debt.

Yours Sincerely

Arrow Global

(Included was a copy of a Credit Agreement dated November 2003)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24/01/2013 Letter received from Arrow Global

Dear XXXXXX

DEBT OWED To Arrow Global Limited

ASSIGNED BY LTSB (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

We refer to the above and your letter dated 05/01/2013.

We Acknowledge receipt of your request under section 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and can confirm that we are not the creditor as recognised by this statute, we return your fee in the sum of £1.00.

We can also confirm that a copy of your credit agreement and terms and condition were supplied under cover of our letter dated the 22nd January 2013.

We have requested a copy of the statement of account and will forward a copy to you upon receipt.

Upon review of the documentation that has been received, we ask that you review your position in relation to the defence filed and consider withdrawing the same and providing your reasonable payment intentions by return before further time and costs are incurred by all parties.

Yours Sincerely

Arrow Global

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also received a statement of accounts from Lloyds TSB covering the time period of when the account was opened, up until March 2007. (Posted to an old address)

My last payment into the account was made in November 2006. The account was closed in March 2007.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I then received a General Form of Judgement or Order on 12 Feb 2013.

It is ordered that the defendant files an allocation questionnaire with the court Office within 7 days of service of this order, the claimant shall have permission to enter judgement, the defence an any counter claim shall be struck out, and the defendant shall be debarred from giving evidence about any claim charges.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I proceeded to contact the local County Court to explain that I had sent my AQ and they confirmed that it had been received, however it had been lost in the office. I asked them to send another.

I never received the new AQ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30/04/2013 letter received from County Court

Judgement for Claimant (in Default)

To the Defendant

You have not replied to the claim form.

It is therefore ordered that you must pay the claimant £XXX.XX for debt ( and interest to date of judgement) and £165.00 for costs.

You must pay the claimant the total of £XXX.XX forthwith

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I contacted the county court yesterday by phone to discuss the situation and they recommended that I write a letter to the court explaining the situation and have posted out a new AQ.

My questions are:

1. How is it best to proceed to get this company off my case?

2. Is the debt statute barred?

3. Should I be asking for a copy of the NoA and default notice?

4. Can I get this judgement set aside?

I would appreciate a speedy response.

Kind Regards

You have proof by recorded delivery the AQ was submitted...there is a fee involved to make application to set a side, it really should be waived in this instance IMHO. However you need to file an N244 application now to set a side.Im somewhat confused as to why the court is going to reissue a further AQ as this denotes the claim is proceeding?

My questions are:

1. How is it best to proceed to get this company off my case? See above but its not a guaranteed conclusion

2. Is the debt statute barred? If no payments or acknowledgement of debt have not been made for a period of 6 years up to the summons being issued

3. Should I be asking for a copy of the NoA and default notice? Really should have requested both the day the summons arrived but not guaranteed to win the case if not disclosed

4. Can I get this judgement set aside? See above but set a side only puts the claim back on track...the merits of your defence will be taken into consideration in deciding that factor

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the prompt response, I will request a copy of the NoA and default notice from Arrow Global ASAP. I'll also get a N244 form done. Is it possible to amend a previously submitted defence, to include the point of the debt being statute barred, at this stage?

Hypothetically speaking, if you were in this situation how would you proceed?

Kind Regards

Is it definitely statute barred? I don't recall you ever mentioning the fact?

Andy

Last payment made into the account by one of my accounts was November 2006. The account appears to have been written off in March 2007. I was then contacted by NCCBC in September 2012, I got the impression that if I had not been contacted or acknowledged the debt within a 6 year period that the debt becomes statute barred.

Does that help?

Slightly... if you had mentioned that fact, you would have submitted a Statute Barred defence and this would have most probably been discontinued by now.

Hi Andy,

I only found out the date of the last payment, and that the debt could potentially be statute barred, after I had submitted a defence. When I submit a N244, would I be able include this?

How should I approach the situation now?

Kind Regards