code 27 parking ticket - help with appeal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a parking ticket in Lambeth today for code 27 - parking adjacent to a dropped curb. I've parked in this spot many times before as it in a disused driveway - there are permanent bollards blocking the driveway - so I was not causing any inconvenience or blocking someones drive. It is not intended for pedestrian use either. The building that the driveway belongs to is a block of flats.

Any help with appealing this would be greatly appreciated, or if anyone knows if I have a chance at it.

Many Thanks,

Hello and Welcome

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum, you should get some help shortly.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

To give an opinion we would need to see it. Can you give us the location so we can check on street view or even better, can you post images up?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

What is on the opposite side of the road? Is there also a dropped curb? This may help; http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/parking.htm#Droppedkerb

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Hmm, well they may argue that a motorcycle could be obstructed by you parking there. BUT it is worth appealing stating that you wern't aware that it was being use for vehicle access as there are permanent bollards there. Clearly it isn't there for pedestrian purposes.

Please Note

the other thing is that the driveway is a u shape drive in /drive out thing (or used to be) so is unobstructed at one end and blocked where i parked - so any bicycles or motorcycles could use the unobstructed entrance. does that help me at all!?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39846[/ATTACH]

the other thing is that the driveway is a u shape drive in /drive out thing (or used to be) so is unobstructed at one end and blocked where i parked - so any bicycles or motorcycles could use the unobstructed entrance. does that help me at all!?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39846[/ATTACH]

No, I wouldn't even mention the other entrance. Just point out that the bollards are fixed and permanent giving the impression that the driveway is not used for vehicle access and as there is no dropped kerb on the opposite side of the road, it also suggests that it isn't there to assist pedestrians.

Please Note

the dropped kerb, could be used by people that use wheelchairs, just because the bollards are on private ground does not mean u can park accross a dropped kerb, they are used by more than just cars

for access to where?

That is why the question has been asked above as to whether there was a matching dropped kerb on the opposite side of the road. There isn't one apparently.

it might be a wheelchair using the dropped kerb to acces his parked car somewhere up the street

there used to be access to the property, for cars, that is why the kerb is dropped, just because the land owner has put bollards on his private residence does not allow cars to park on a dropped kerb

In a special enforcement area a vehicle must not be parked on the carriageway adjacent to a footway, cycle track or verge where

(a)the footway, cycle track or verge has been lowered to meet the level of the carriageway for the purpose of

(i)assisting pedestrians crossing the carriageway,

(ii)assisting cyclists entering or leaving the carriageway, or

(iii)assisting vehicles entering or leaving the carriageway across the footway, cycle track or verge; or

It doesn't say is currently being used for, the fact that at this moment in time the residents have chosen not to use it is imaterial in my view. As has been pointed out residents with motorcycles or cycles can still use it and as unlikely as the OP considers it, its not really his choice to make.