Contract terminated

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

contract been terminated by set date but appeal may not 'finish' before termination date due to vacation. New contract to start day after end of first contract. Am confused. can my contract be terminated if the appeals process not finished in time due to well holidays I guess? Having said that there should be time for them to complete the process....... How can I then be expected to start or even accept new contract (reduced hours basiclly) if my old one not appealed??? that is the crux of my question.

Sorry, for a post with very few words i am totally confused.

Do you have a previous issue you are referring to that you may have posted here? If not and this is a new issue can you give us a timeline of events?

How long you worked at the company?

Are you on a rolling contract? Fixed?

Are they ending your contract and giving you a new one?

Which appeal process are you going through? What is it for?

Sorry, for a post with very few words i am totally confused.

Do you have a previous issue you are referring to that you may have posted here? If not and this is a new issue can you give us a timeline of events?

How long you worked at the company?

Are you on a rolling contract? Fixed?

Are they ending your contract and giving you a new one?

Which appeal process are you going through? What is it for?

Worked there several years

Fixed

Yes new contract given

Appeal process type is debatable,. They have stated they have no policy for anybody who refuses to accept variation clause and have had to refer to both grievance policy which was not applicable after I queried it. they then referred me to one part of disciplinary policy as it was closes to what they meant but yet again it doesn't apply other than state an appeal (to disciplinary issues) should be made in 5 days and to whom.

Twrmination reason is sosr ie not accepting variation

Would it be safe to assume you have never been tupe'd over?

Have these fixed terms been continuous and total the 5 years? If so you would be determined as a permanent employee.

My employment law is slightly out of touch but I believe this to still be the case. Are you saying you have been terminated because you did not accept the SOSR?

Have they terminated your contract in order to re-engage you on the new contract and new contract terms?

Would it be safe to assume you have never been tupe'd over?

Have these fixed terms been continuous and total the 5 years? If so you would be determined as a permanent employee.

My employment law is slightly out of touch but I believe this to still be the case. Are you saying you have been terminated because you did not accept the SOSR?

Have they terminated your contract in order to re-engage you on the new contract and new contract terms?

I don't want to dwell in the issue of the reasons for termination as that is clear in my head. Trying to work out the implications of my appeal not being completed before termination date. I have not yet stated my intention ref new reduced hours contract which starts immediately after termination.

Running out of time to appeal. BUT before I finalise appeal I really need to know the implications of my employer saying he cannot complete the appeals process before the deadline they gave to terminate the contract?!!! They are offering me new contract day after my existing one terminated by them....

What am i supposed to do on that day? if appeal not finalised before date they said contract terminated then what then? What does it mean? How can they expect me to accept / work on new contract if appeal not finalised before new contract supposed to start?

What if all these 'deadlines' are weekend or bank holidays??

They don't have to finish the appeal before implementing changes.

Thanks but what of my side of things? Do I just not turn up now if I do not want new contract starting on day after my existing contract ends? If appeal not finished by this date (new contract start) I can just not turn up? Do I have to tell them I am not accepting new contract? If the date is now during holiday time how do I make sure my appeal or refusal of new contract written confirmation gets to my boss legally? I take it they can always say they never got email or letter through letter box (cannot rely on xmas postal service I guess???). Do I have to tell them I do not accept their new contract or just not turn up? After all they have terminated my contract haven't they? How much detail should go into an appeal and if I forget something in appeal can I still mention it later in a tribunal?