'moon-lighting' bailiff - wont show any ID or paperwork - came with tow truck though!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

To cut a very long story short I used to volunteer for a football club.

I left after three years.

They then decided I owed them £600 (not accurate, i owed them the last few weeks subs £40)

I arranged to pay but I was very busy and they were unable to meet with me.

Weeks later after getting married and being away I started getting calls from a bailiff, he told me he was going to take my car on a certain date at 12.30. He had been before this several times but could not provide me with any paper work and turns out he had visited the wrong address on his apparent first two visits.

I was working locally that day so was at home on and off. I saw the bailiff circling my house but he did knock.

I went back to work and within minutes my wife rang to say he had seen me leave and decided to knock demanding she give him the keys to the car.

She phoned the office he works at who had no knowledge of the apparent ref he had given us and could not provide us with a court order etc to say that this had ever been enforced.

He would not provide us with any paper work nor would he show us his certificate, a copy of the levy or copy of warrant, he would not give us anything.

After speaking with his colleagues this has now all stopped as he clearly wasn't following procedures properly nor were the football club.

He was also being very unprofessional, shouting etc. Waiting for me to leave so he could intimidate my wife.

I would like to know what I can do know, who do I go to and complain to?

How do I deal with the club, is this slander?

What about the bailiff?

Please help!!

You can only have a Bailiff after you for a debt if the Creditor has obtained a CCJ against you. Even then it will be the County Court Bailiff who will ring or write to say he is coming. If the debt is for more than £600 then it can be transferred to the High Court for enforcement, and a High Court Enforcement Officer would call.

Sounds to me more like a debt collector with delusions of grandeur. Do you have name for the Bailiff Company?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The was no ccj against me as we checked.

He was the county court bailiff! The number we had to ring was his extension at the local courts. They were the ones that told us that his reference didn't match and there was no record of us on there system.

The estimate the football club came up with was £518 but when he spoke to us he had added £100 for fees (he told us that we had to pay £80 for a form to dispute the matter, after talking with citizen advise we learnt this was rubbish) He didn't give us any forms, on his last visit he said all we would do is shred them any way!

As you have worked out £518 + £100 doesn't equal £680! As this didn't make sense we were suspicious about the situation so we contacted CA.

that is what we thought! Possible a friend of the football club and may of got some cash out of it. On the day he came to remove the car he did bring a tow truck. My car was accessible but he did not attempt to remove it. (scare tack tic?)

had there of been a warrant for the goods surely he could have taken them any time.

I just want to know who and how we can complain about him.

urm..

shame you cant get him back and film him

if he is 'moon-lighting'

he is in serious trouble.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If and when he does return, film him with a mobile phone even, and get the registration number of HIS motor, and phone it into the police as a BOGUS OFFICIAL Report, mentioning how a strange man is knocking doors at random. You could mention he may be a debt collector posing as a bailiff, an offence in itself.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The was no ccj against me as we checked. Where? Have you looked at Registry Trust http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

He was the county court bailiff! The number we had to ring was his extension at the local courts. They were the ones that told us that his reference didn't match and there was no record of us on there system. I would check again, there is achance this was done through Northampton & things are lagging behind.

The estimate the football club came up with was £518 but when he spoke to us he had added £100 for fees (he told us that we had to pay £80 for a form to dispute the matter, after talking with citizen advise we learnt this was rubbish) - the £100 fee is correct as that is the cost of applying for a Warrant of Execution which is then added to your debt, the £80 to apply for Set Aside is also correct, CAB although good for some things are of dubious thoughts on matters like this - He didn't give us any forms, on his last visit he said all we would do is shred them any way! It is not for him to give you the Forms as they are available through the HMCTS website

As you have worked out £518 + £100 doesn't equal £680! As this didn't make sense we were suspicious about the situation so we contacted CA. Has he left you a Notice of Seizure as it is likely he may have seized goods, a car outside maybe?

I can't actually envisage the CCB doing a backhander as he is a salaried employee of the Courts.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

neither can i but he did. We took no photos or recorded any thing that he said, so really there is nothing we can do.

We did ring his office while he was at our door that day to confirm the ref and that what he was saying was correct (which it wasn't)

When we contacted Citizen advise after he left he said to take photos etc. By this time it was too late and we haven't seen or heard from him since that day on the 6/11/12.

I'm just for ever looking over my shoulder and just want to know what i can do now!

The only real evidence was the tow truck man. I'm trying to get in contact with them to see if they have anything on record.

Cheers for you help

Aaron