New job and negotiated settlement from "current" job

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello :) I got some great help from this forum last year and really hope that some one can help me again this time around.

Briefly, I have been on long term sick for a few years due to major depression and social phobia. My job was a big contributor and in May this year they offered me a "negotiated exit/settlement" seeing as I was still unfit for work and in the meantime have kept paying me occupational sick pay. However, we are now in December and they are still dragging their feet. I agreed in writing to this negotiated exit in May, but have nothing in writing from them with the details, and last month I was instructed to put in writing that I wanted a negotiated exit (despite agreeing to the one they proposed in May!!)

Now, more than 6 months later, I have been for an interview for a completely different, less stressful job with fewer people which means that even though I still struggle with big groups, it wouldn't be anything like dealing with the minimum 100 people every minute of my "current" job (that I haven't been able to attend in years.) Thing is, what happens now to the settlement from the negotiated exit and the occupational sick pay? Do I inform my employer and if so can they withdraw the offer? I have the feeling that they are up to something given that I've had to put it in writing twice about the negotiated exit in totally different ways. I would imagine occupational sick pay will stop even though this job is unrelated and for less than half the number of hours. I still have a sick line from my doctor stating that I'm unfit for that job as well as psychologist reports stating how much I struggle with groups of people and stress.

Any help, advice or info is greatly appreciated so that I have even a rough idea what I am doing until I can speak to Citizen's Advice :-) (And sorry about this being rather long :oops: )

Hello again and thank you for the clarification. :)

I only know about a specific aspect of this and hope that the guys will be along with comments too. Is it possible for you to check the details of the sick pay scheme? If it was an insurance company, there's often a clause that they will make up some of the shortfall if you take a lesser paid job, because overall you're costing them less.

I haven't come across your situation, but it has to be worth checking out the details of the scheme if you possibly can please.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks for that HoneyBee :-) It's a rather odd situation I know, but having checked the information I have about the scheme it doesn't appear that there is any mention about other jobs and shortfalls (in saying that though I don't have much information on it, the information on our contractrs and sick pay is held on the internal server at work and they won't allow me access at home :-( ) I will try contacting them to find out for sure, I'm just concerned at what they will say (especially in regards to the negotiated settlement) due to the way they have messed me around so far. Thank you though for the help, and hopefully some one else shall have more a little more input :-)