Halifax agreement and 1st credit hounding me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i am new here and hope someone can shed some light onthis for me.

I took out a loan with halifax in 2005

is this enforceable,

i havent pay anything in 3yrs and Halifax has termiated the agreement

as i have a letter to say that (but cant find it at this moment in time, but do remember it).

Halifax surely would of presued with court action too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39836[/ATTACH]

since defaulting in Nov 2009 i have had about 5 or so debt companys chasing the debt and requesting £6451.06 in full or make a arrangement for re-payment of the debt.

i am in full time job now but when i defaulted i was self employed

the business failed and took me a while to get a full time regular money coming in.

the last collection agency was 1st credit

after about 10 letters from them and loads of phone calls and messages i decided to talk to them.

I made payment of £108.00 twice now for the pass 2 months has we agreed and letter to confirmed this from them..

i am being called several times a day and sent text messages plus letters i think once a week requesting to call them to arrange payment.

i have made repayments already

is there anything i can do to stop them ringing and sending me letters offering 30% discount if i pay it in full.

They know i cant pay full debt in full.

i decided to open some previous letters and this is in one.

Question here is how come the amount of credit is left blank and the duration of the loan is 86months??..

Why have they enclosed this and where did they get the info from.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39835[/ATTACH]

Even though these are about the 5th or 6th company chasing debt

and all saying they make me bankrupt and will put a CCJ against me,

none of these companies including halifax has took it to court.

I am joint owner of a house too so they could get there money if needed but nobody has took it that far how come????.

. The credit report for me says the account is deliquant what does this mean?.

thanks for reading

HI welcome to CAG, you have acknowledged the debt by making payments, so all you need to do is tell anyone who is contacting you still that you have a payment arrangement in place, if they phone tell them that and hang up.##

You can also put the same statement i writting as well.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

somethings wrong

prob all charges or PPI?

no-one offers a discount without reason.

you'll need to PDF the files for us to see them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ah i can now see the pixs

yep its got PPI

get reclaiming

prob wipe most of the debt out

the rest might well be PENALTY charges.

thats why they sold it

thats why they are offering a discount.

shame you started paying the little fleecers.

DCA are NOT BAILIFFS!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i thought that i couldnt reclaim has i own money on the debt.

I got told by a debt management company they cant reclaim the ppi until i start making payments to the debt.

Would this be why no one has taken me to court yet or not..

..as i just cant understand why they have`nt pursued in issusing a CCJ against me like the debt collection companies have threated to do....

which is why we NEVER EVER recommend using a fleecing CMC.

as post 4 off you go.

dx

and they

They sent numerous letters saying they will pass it to Connaught Collections to issue a satutory demand under the insolvency act 1986,

does this mean bankrupty order?...

.Connaught collections has already sent me letters for this debt year or so ago so why didnt they do it then

. Las letter rec`d dated the 23/11/12 stating they try calling me to make a mutually acceptable agreement to start repaying the debt

and they send a collector round to my house to make payments.

Another thing about the name changed how can they be saying it has changed it name and have kept the same company number,

well the company number they have used when they sent the letters is 3752940 and they are referring to company 7212016..

.. just confusing and doesnt seem right when they cant even send me correct info about there company has last letter on 23rd has the 3752940

and 1st credit ltd at the bottom still.

One of the reasons i got into debt is cause a debt collection agency was collecting a debt on my behalf for my company which was for £5500

they ended up collecting my money of the company who owned it me and did a runner with my money.

So the more i read about this company the more i am inclined in not paying anymore as they cant even give proper company details on their letters

and make me think if they are even a valid company....

it may not be right me to stop but i havent sign anything with them...

coners and 1st crapit ARE tthe same company.

just a bloke sitting at the diff desk with a diff skirt on.

time to get reclaiming PPI & PENALTY fees.

dx

and they

can someone point me in the right direction of where i find the forms to claim my ppi and info on how to fill it in. What reason would i give on the form for the ppi claim.

would i be best writing a letter to 1st credit telling them i will not be paying anything else to the debt has i am in dispute with the debt or what, has i dont want to pay anything to these if i dont need too.

Once my claim has gone though the debt is register on my credit file is still under halifax has default, so if i got my ppi back and i decided to settle the account since the 1st credit has brought my debt of halifax who would put a satified on my credit report.

thanks guys

if halifax is shown on your CRA file

1st crapit are NOT the owner Halifax are.

as for the the PPI

'0' and '1' below detail what to do.

dx

and they

Just check credit report with noddle and it has come up with 1st credit who i have the debt with and not halifax.

Right i just recheck my report with experian and i now have a default account which is still outstanding and not stated as satifed by halifax

and 1st credit has put the same amount defaulted for the same debt.

i have 2 defaults for the same debt is this correct. so that will mean if i get ppi back and paid halifax then i still have one outstanding or would i.

The last entry by Halifax should be removed or marked satisfied, complain to Halifax data controller.

PPI CLAIN TO HALIFAX should be paid to you.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...

you dont HAVE to fill in every box

where you think it has no bearing

simple write N/A

dont forget your spreadsheet and a SIMPLE covering letter.

dx

and they

would this letter do to send off to them.. and if i fill in the fos questionnaire aswell or will just the ltter do. I do have a copy of the loan agreement too should i send a copy of that to them?.

Date: 28/01/2013

Customer Relations

PO Box 548

Leeds

LS1 1WU

Dear Sir / Madam

Loan Reference number:-

I am writing regardingthe above payment protection insurance which was taken out with this loan, PPIpolicy, as I believe this was mis-sold to me. I feel I have not been treatedfairly for the following reasons;

• No one told me that the PPI would not cover the full term of my loan.
  • I note that you have previously been reprimanded by the Financial Services Authority, FSA, for failing to treat customers fairly and not making them aware of the full facts and I believe that the policy you sold me was not in my best interest.
  • I was sold a single premium policy that I did not understand as it was not fully explained to me, how much would be refunded if I either paid the loan off early or cancelled the insurance andabout the full amount of the true cost of the insurance.

Unless you candemonstrate and prove that this was a fair policy and accurately reflected myrequirements then I demand a full refund of all the premiums I have paid todate together with the standard statutory Court interest of 8%.

I trust you are awarethat if this matter is not settled within eight weeks then I will refer my caseto the Financial Ombudsman Service, FOS, for their investigation.

Yours faithfully,

spreadsheet

FOS CQ

covering letter

agreement copy

all to whom you are claiming from

but copy EVERYTHING

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi all, Just to let you know i have being successful in claiming my ppi from Halifax. My loan was in default but they had sold the debt to a DCA so i have got a cheque for the sum of £3678 from them. So i am happy now just need them to amend my credit file has their default is still register has default even though they sold the debt to DCA. But i checked my file and the debt has dissappeared from the Halifax and 1st credit not on my file, email experian about it to ask why they arent showing and waiting reply..

So i like to thank you guys in the advice and help you have given me and also the confidence in tackling my debt problems, i wouldnt of being able to do it without you guys and this site....

Cheers