style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, Sorry for not getting back was ill, I moved the car to a safe place. but had a development.

Wrexham wrote to say will take case back off Jacobs.

Jacobs wrote a letter that stated they are adamant Bailiff entered house. They say they are under no legal obligation to put details down on the walking levy about the goods. But will only charge me £25 for the first visit!

I am loathe to pay this as they had £50 off me as I was in a panic when they visited.

They claim the bailiff could not access all the goods listed?? so I gave him a list of what was there.

He did not enter the property can I contest the charge of £25?

Wrexham have said I can pay £100 in April a month to pay off arrears I can just mange that as I have taken on some evening work.

So a result thank you for your help. Its been a great worry to me.

cheers

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Someone will correct me if am wrong but am pretty sure they have to list all items they levy in walking possession and give you a copy

If he couldn't access all the goods listed they are just as good as saying he never saw them! If he didnt have access he wouldn't be able to levy.

Furthermore if the council have taken the account back they don't agree with their actions otherwise they would have left the account with them.

Don't pay Jacobs the money they have done nothing for it, if they persist contact the bailiffs certicating court and see if you would have grounds to make a form 4 complaint then use it to either get them to back off or go through with it depending on what the court said.

James

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

Sorry read that bit wrong they can charge you for the visit unfortunately

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Even though the council have taken back the account I would still contact the court to see if you have grounds for complaint agains the bailiff

Why should he be allowed to get away with actions he blatantly knows are against procedures

Only way it will stop is if people make the complaints when they have valid grounds to do so!

Also the fact the council took the account off them will help too

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Re; letter dated XXXX

Your bailiff XXXXXl states he entered my property onXXXXXXXand levied on a TV DVD player TV stand ,Lounge suite , Tumble dryer, coffee table and wall mirror for 2 outstanding debt s

It is my intentions to contest both the levy’s through your formal complaints procedure and local government ombudsman if need be for the reasons sated below

1) The same goods were levied against both debts I believe the local government ombudsman confirmed in their resent report against Blaby Council

2) The Bailiff did not enter my property

3) The goods listed will not cover all bailiff fees removal ,storage ,auction fees and a portion of the principle debts

I inform him I could not let him enter as I had dogs he stood at my door and told me he had to put something down on the levy form and asked me if I had flat screen TV DVD player tumble dryer I said yes however the tumble dryer did not work he still wrote this item on the levy form

He assumed I had a TV stand and coffee table I do not own a TV stand or a coffee table

Had the bailiff entered my home he would have seen my sitting room is too small to accommodate such items

There is no make or model listed against the TV DVD player or tumble dryer

There is no colour or type listed against the lounge suite however I believe this item is exempt from seizure

There is no style as in wood or glass etc. listed against the TV stand and coffee table

The levy does not state whether the mirror is Round Square the colour etc.

The reason for the lack of information regarding goods levied is because the bailiff did not enter my property

At the time of the bailiff visit I thought this was wrong I therefore took notes immediately after the bailiff left

I and a Representative are happy to discuss this with the council and the bailiff at your office

The bailiff also instructed me to pay to pay £185 per month I informed the bailiff this was an amount I simply could not pay ad offered £30 per month the bailiff refused this insisting he would return to remove goods on the levy

I understand that this is a small amount in relation to the outstanding debt however it is at this time the most I can pay without going into default with this yrs. and future council tax commitments

I am therefore asking the council to remove all levies and associated fees and accept my initial offer of £30 per month

I would also be obliged if you could send me a copy of your complaint’s procedure

A full account history for the yrs. in question

Yours sincerely

Can i ask what you wrote in your letter to get the council to take the debt back annabelle22? Im trying ti get mine transferred back to the council & have no clue what to write.

Thanks

While you are setting this up, pay the council direct, either on line or go into their office. They are not allowed to refuse a payment. If you don't, they will think you are attempting to delay things and could well go for an attachement of earnings.

While you are setting this up, pay the council direct, either on line or go into their office. They are not allowed to refuse a payment. If you don't, they will think you are attempting to delay things and could well go for an attachement of earnings.

I cant make any payment until i get paid next week :(

• 1 month later...

Just thought you would like to know had letter that Jacobs sent to council he says he was in my hall way, Funny that I have not got one, where he was able to see some of the goods, it then says he cant remember where he was?

Do I still have to pay the £25 and can I get that £50 he took off me?

I read about the ombudsman saying councils must take responsibility for bailiffs should I go through the councils complaint procedure or get advice from the ombudsman ?

Use the councils complaint procedure as painstaking as it is, no joy with them then just refer it to the ombudsman then the council will have answer themselves to them. Hold your ground and do not give in, you have done nothing wrong.

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

One for someone more in the know how!! Are they not supposed to log the serial numbers of goods they levy?

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

One for someone more in the know how!! Are they not supposed to log the serial numbers of goods they levy?

For absolute accuracy and to identify the goods in question one would think so, a black 32" TV is much the same in appearance whatever the brand, however the disparity in price would not immediately be apparent, if the badges were removed, so the serial number would be the unique identifier, as a debtor could replace a black TV with a broken cheaper one even within the same brand and bailiff could do diddly if serial not listed, after all he levied a black tv and got a black tv, if and when he took it away.

Also if they levy a TV without listing the remote, that would hit resale at auction, as the bailiff could not then remove the remote, as it wasn't listed.

I think others will also know more

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Don't give them ideas they might learn to do the job properly.

Exactly.....

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 4 months later...

Is it just me or is Wrexham council tax dept hopeless.

After coming to agreement I have paid each month arrears and this years in 2 separate payments. In June they sent me a demand for over £200 as I was in arrears turns out they paid my money in to wrong account!

They recalculated but today I received letter behind by £90.00! unbelievable tried for 15 mins to explain to office staff that it is impossible to be in arrears if I have paid all installments as required. any one else had trouble with them!

I havent lived in wrexham since 1998, but back then they were incompetent, so i cant see them changing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Wrexham council are a bunch of five fingered pianists. unfortunately i will have to deal with them in future on a regular basis professionally. The thought fills me with dread