Charging Order Threat

Yam950
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, i hope this is int he right place.

I had a car on a Personal Contract Plan, to cut a long story short my hours were cut at work and i could no longer afford the monthly payments so i did a voluntary termination.

I wasnt near the halfway mark so i knew i would have to pay something.I was told i owed them £4200 or thereabouts after they had taken the car and sold it.

They sent me an income and expenditure form as i asked for an arrangment to pay.Once we have worked everythign out it left is with just £20 a month to pay them.

I have just had a phone call saying that they are not happy with this as it will take 17 years to pay off and want to put a charging order on our house. They said we can still pay the £20 but the CO would still be put on

I am panicking like mad now.

My husband and I jointly own this house and although we have struggled we are managing to stay afloat with our oether debts, and I am frightened to death about what will happen.

I do not want a charging order put ont he hosue and I may get some hours back or even anotehr part time job, and be in a better position int he future but the creditor has said they doubt it!Please help

Edited by Yam950

Hi Yam

Pay the £20 pm and ignore their request.If they are still intent to attain a Charging Order let them go through the process by issuing a summons ....... don't default on your proposed payment plan.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi AndyThanks for your responseI do not know how to pay them, do I just send them a cheque? They have not given me any details to pay yet. Do I wait for them to send them as the woman said i would have to pay the £20 as well as them slapping a CO on the houseThanks

Right so we are not dealing with the original creditor?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Right so we are not dealing with the original creditor?

Yes it is the original creditor who calledme after receiving my I&E form and said they want the CO as my offer of £20 per month is not acceptable and will take 17 years o pay off.

So how have you been paying them up until now?

Ok, in a nutshell:

I had the car, my hours were cut giving us a reduced income. I never defaulted on the payments and did a VT before i did. I paid by direct debit for the car up until then. They came and took the car after the forms had been received for the VT. I hadnt made any payment since the VT as they were in the process of selling the car.

Then they sold the car and said i still owed a little over £4k and said i could make an arrangement to pay. I sent an I&E form to them as requested and offered £20 per month which today they have said isnt enough but will only allow me to pay that along with putting a CO on our home.

I have no details of how to make any payments yet.

Well using the information from your Direct Debit set up a Standing Order on that account reference.Standing Orders cannot be varied by them.

Andy

• Confused 1