employment questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had a period of sickness over 2 years but GP has now signed me off to return to work...(got to find a job first)....on his fit note he has written a phased return and ideally 2 half days to begin with.

How do I broach this with future employers?

I am not sure that a phased return is relevent as you dont currently have an employer by the time you find a job you may well be well enough to do full time, if not try a part time job tyo start.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

IMO you would be very ;ucky to find an employer who would take you on for such a amount of working per week, 2 half days is really very little and i cant realistically see this happening. If an employer is advertising a full time vacancy then thats what he wants now not someone to do a few hours and prehaps full time in the future. Reasonable adjustments are one thing but I dont think that such a small amount of work time is reasonable, prehaps you should look at a part time job if that is all you can do.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

yes think I've been very naïve here as perhaps my GP was as well - I had a period of sickness about 5 years ago with the same condition - but I was still employed at that time.....and Occ Health rec this amount of working time to my dept....upon my return - gradually increasing the amount.