style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2504 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have received a letter from a bailiff telling me to make payment to them for a council tax liability on a property I lived in about 4 years ago.

This is the first I have heard of this alleged debt and I dispute I owed any council tax when I vacated the property,

I rang the bailiffs who informed me I need to make immediate payment to them for £532.

When I told them i disputed it and this was the first i heard of it they told me they had no information and referred me back to the council.

I contacted the council who were unwilling to discuss this on the phone.

I think in order to stop any bailiff action I will need to get the court to suspend the action whilst I have an opportunity to attend a hearing and state my case.

What i need to know is how do I get this action suspended, Any help greatly appreciated.

ok

so its only at the letter stage

no charges yet.

you need to contact the council and ask:

You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - ask them if they permit their agents to subcontract as it appears that the bailiff is a self-employed bailiff

why do you dispute the ctax debt?

are the council REALLY aware of the true date of vacating etc etc

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Write a formal complaint and sday you moved and you did not get a final notice or a reminder. The council will roll the case back to the liability order. Then you can challenge when you lived at the address and the amount is revised.