style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

help plz sherforce took my car.

i need my car for work as i,am selfemployed

do,not what to do.

i can.t pay them the outstanding fees they demand as no work at the moment till after xmas.

plz help thank you

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pay the fees and get your car back, then reclaim them in the county court.

You seem to have a tendency to offer poor advice which leads me to believe that you are a first year law student. The OP clearly stated that at this time they do not have the money to pay the fees so your advice is no good.

The alternative is a Form N208 but that is a £400 court fee unless the OP qualifies for fee remission but that is only good is there was no levy on the car before it was taken.

Not enough info in the original post.

I dont see you offering any better advice surfer01

The alternative is a Form N208 but that is a £400 court fee unless the OP qualifies for fee remission but that is only good is there was no levy on the car before it was taken.

Not enough info in the original post.

I dont see you offering any better advice surfer01

Unlike yourself I rather not offer advice if I did not read the post properly and secondly if I cannot help anyway.

well this is what happen.as the frist time the bailiffs visted me and left me a letter.

i was shocked by the amount fees £684 to £2688 .

had one more visit and was out .

then on the 3rd visit just took my car .and left a letter.

i,ve had no warning.

called the bailiffs. he said that he knock the door .but that was a lie as i was at home .

can they just take it without a warning.

called sherforce about the car.they said i had to pay all of it ..

which i can,t afford

also need to get into my car for my paperwork for work .told them and they said will call me back . 2days now nothing..

plz help

He should have levied on the vehicle prior to him taking it, what are the letters, if it has been levied on you should have been given a seizure notice and what steps you had to take

Also as you use the vehicle for your employment it is exempt from seizure:

Such tools, books, vehicles, and other items of employment as are necessary to the debtor for use personally in their employment, business and vocation

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

You can ask them to provide u with copy of levy and state the fact it s essential for employment

Failing that I believe it has to be a claim through the courts

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

If your car is used for your course of your business, e.g. it has a driving school or a taxi sign on it then you can make an emeregency application to the court to recover your car as per post #6. Its a whopping £400 court fee but you might be able to claim free court fees if you read HMCTS leaflet EX160a and form EX160 if your income is low enough. Since you may be out of work as a result of the loss of your car then as a benefit claimant you may well now qualify for court fee remission. Your most recent post indicates there is no levy on your car before they took it so you could recover the car on the grounds of having no pre-existing levy over it. You apply to a county court for an order to recover the vehicle under Part 8 of the Civil Procedure Rules using a Form N208. Take the completed forms to your nearest county court and there is usually a judge available to sign the order. Make sure you apply for your costs or get a solicitor to do it for you.

hi it all started with southern water arrears of £684.

sf then left a warning letter saying i owe them £2730 + vat .

just standard bailiffs letters 26/11 & 27/11 ..

tuesday morning

Doesn't have to be specifically business ie a taxi

Regulations state for use personally in their employment! That covers those who without the vehicle cannot work whether that be carrying trade tools or getting there if its considerable distance

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

What do you do as self employed? Is this a car or van? Is it sign written at all? Who is insured to drive? Is the insurance for sole business use? Is the vehicle on any credit and if so which?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why does it not?

So if a car is essential for use in your employment or actually getting there, a bailiff can take it away then technically put you out of work?

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed