DLC threats of charging order

sjm1963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm so worried and slept very little last night

DLC bought the debt I had with MBNA,

and along with lots of other creditors

I have been paying a fixed amount each month and never missed a payment,

they called me last night wanting to take my £5.00 a month to 1 percent of the balance which would make a payment of £85, I

told them that I have little to money left at the end of the day and am paying off 11 other creditors,

they say they will now go and get a charging order and force the sale of my home,

at my age I will never get another mortage,

I feel sick to my stomach.

Any advice would be greatly recieved

I have called the old CCCS and they have made an appointment for me to speak to someone in regards to a possible IVA

as I have been juggling all this debt for two years and am shatterd by it and the late nights calls.:|

just a quicky befor i have to go .

stay off the phone you do not have to talk to them it is well known that they will lie and cheat you on the phone

tell them to put it all in writing and hang up.

they will not put in a letter that they will make you sell your home as that is a lie. all they want is more money be strong and tell them NO and I WRITING ONLY.

more people will be along later as alot of us on here have day jobs. just sit back relax and have a cup of tea please.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Hello, I'm so worried and slept very little last night DLC bought the debt I had with MBNA, and along with lots of other creditors I have been paying a fixed amount each month and never missed a payment, they called me last night wanting to take my £5.00 a month to 1 percent of the balance which would make a payment of £85, I told them that I have little to money left at the end of the day and am paying off 11 other creditors, they say they will now go and get a charging order and force the sale of my home, at my age I will never get another mortage, I feel sick to my stomach. Any advice would be greatly recieved I have called the old CCCS and they have made an appointment for me to speak to someone in regards to a possible IVA as I have been juggling all this debt for two years and am shatterd by it and the late nights calls.:|

I suspect if this is a first letter from DLC, it is simply cage rattling.. "see how big and powerful we are.. we can absolutely wreck your christmas" !!

If they purchased a debt with a repayment plan in place then that is their fault.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?840-Stop-your-bank-or-lender-breaching-their-instalment-agreement

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You must stay off the phone - insist on them putting everything in writing - they will very much tone down.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You have to laugh at their blatant lies and psychological intimidation when these clowns talk to debtors over the phone, if only you had all that ridiculous puerile nonsense recorded then the OFT would be very interested to hear that.

As has already been said, NEVER discuss your financial matters over the phone, especially when it comes to these silly little children, if they ring in the future laugh and hang up, if they persist, all you have to say is "everything in writing" then laugh and hangup.

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

can you please list all your debt & who you are paying

might be an idea to get your CRA file too

lets see the REAL picture

as for DLC

STAY OFF THAT PHONE!!

DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO such LEGAL POWERS.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

can you get your cra file please

see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As long as you are paying something off the debt and have never missed a payment, they will look a bit foolish going in front of a judge when you have clearly demonstrated you cannot afford to pay more. Doubt if they will go for a charging order. How much is this one particular debt?

Edited by Surfer01

Why would a charging order application go be fore a magistrate???

Nit picking again which you seem to be quite good at. What have you got against me? I did put magistrate or judge as I was not sure which one and I guess many other people on this forum are not sure who does what in the legal world. If you want to correct, fine, but don't get sarky!

I commented because suggesting magistrates could be involved in a matter like this could lead inexperienced ussre to think that some CRIMINAL offence was involved and this is purely a civil matter.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: