Help with a UK hotel complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We booked a stay with mercure 6 weeks in advance for a twin room and confirmed with the hotel on the day of booking.

When we arrived we were given a double room with a sofa bed but told it was an executive room.

The executive room was not as described on the website - no free internet/newspapers/fruit bowl/luxury toiletries etc

In my eyes they are in breach of contract as we booked a twin room and if they say we stayed in an exec room then their website is falsely advertising the rooms.

I have written an initial letter of complaint and am not happy with their response so want to get a little harder with them....can anyone help with legal jargon? Thanks x

Did you stay in the double room? did you book a room with free newspapers etc etc or did you just accept that you had been changed to an exec room ande expected the exec extras?

What was the hotels response to your initial complaint and did you complain at the time?

What result are you looking for?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

we complained the minute we saw the room as the sofa bed was so uncomfortable and it was not what we booked to which we were told we were given an upgrade from a classic to exec room. We were told the hotel was fully booked and there was no alternative.

Since returning we complained immediately and referred to the website description of the room we booked and of course noted what the description of an exec room was which we did not receive either.

The sleep in the sofa bed was so uncomfortable with about 2 hours sleep that we decided to leave for home the next day and cut short our stay as I was so very tired and with back pain.

The hotels response was that they had a group that had extended their stay by one night and had taken all of the twin rooms.

I am looking for compensation in the form of some form of refund due to ruining our weekend and my mums 60th birthday stay

If your original booking did not include the free newspapers etc just upgrading to an exec room would not automatically entitle you to these items often mini bars, free papers etc are removed when a booking other than for that specific room at full price is concerned.

Did you complain at the time of your stay?

Uncomfortable bed is a funny one as uncomfortable for one person is not for another.

I think that to get a full refund you would have had to complain at the time and not accept the alternative room, did you pay for more than 1 night?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Hiya,

Depending on which Mercure it is, gives you the top dog to complain to.

In the UK some are franchised, some managed, some owned outright by ACCOR.

I assume you have complained directly to the GM at the hotel ?

His / Her email is always in the format [email protected] - where xxxx is the four digit number of the hotel - if you want this it can be found probably on your online conf....

Accor Head Office can deal with the complaint and pass onto the hotel - their 'order' will override any local decision BUT you will need to contact the person dealing with the particular type of Mercure Brand you stayed in to get a fast result.

Overall responsibility for UK Mercure is SVP - [email protected] - linked in provides these details also :-)

Good Luck and don't let them quote t and c's - we will endevor to make available your room type etc....

N