• Tweets

• Thanks very much Bank. I have topped and tailed my LOC and printed off a copy which I shall post tomorrow by First Class post at my local post office and also obtain a proof of postage. I'll also email them a copy. I've opened a MoneyClaim account, and shall now begin work on my draft Particulars of Claim which I shall post here for your thoughts. And I shan't be using the Moderation service.
    • Yes, it struck me this morning that I'd got it wrong    - no involvement of UKPPO in any previous Tesco thread    - there would have been an entrance sign to a Tesco car park    - CCTV isn't something associated with Tesco car parks. Presumably whoever runs the car park has put CCTV at the electric, and probably BB, areas, done absolutely nothing to stop abuse, and then rubs their hands in glee every time the CCTV catches a motorist out. You can pay £60 and this will go away. Or you can defy UKPPO and rely on their non-respect of POFA, consideration period, etc., should they be daft enough to do court later down the line.  We would support you all the way.
    • thats not the way to do it sorry. sorry so what is your problem? that vanquis paid the £560 or that they are now chasing it? how old is this debt? dx  
    • If you visited Qatar you could be detained at the border, if the debt has been notified.  If you are only in transit and do not seek to cross border into Qatar you might be ok, but you may want to seek formal advice about this.
    • Howdy, I had a short lived credit card with Vanquis that I did not need. I paid it off in full and called them and closed it with the person at the other end. 2 months later they started sending me messages about late payments, I called them and to find out that the card had not been closed in error and 6 weeks after it should have been closed they paid a google debit of £560. I hit the roof and made a formal complaint that took them well over a month to respond to. They agreed they were at fault, refunded all late payments fees and offered me £100 in compensation. However they said the debit amount stood as 'I had benefit from it' and I should get a refund from google. I hit the roof again but they have stuck to their guns. The debit from google is a genuine one but I wanted to dispute it with google so closed the card so they would have to engage with me. But surely that's neither here nor there surely? What is the next step? Ombudsman takes forever doesn't it?  thanks in advance
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

WRAG appeal - help

Bobity
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have been place in the WRAG after a face to face assessment. I wrote and appealed but the decision is upheld but will go to an independent tribunal.

In the report that the health professional wrote it states in the activity 2 Standing and sitting that

...'cannot, for the majority of the time, remain at a workstation, either standing unassisted by another person (even if free to move around) or sitting (even in an adjustable chair) for more than an hour before needing to move away in order to avoid significant discomfort or exhaustion.

does this satisfy the SG descriptor?

There are other conditions but I am trying to find out what will be effective in my letter to them. Also, the health professional has said in the Prognosis section- Expected Change,

'I advise that a return to work is unlikey in the longer term' and she qualifies this by saying ' significant functional disability is likely at this time due to physical problems effecting upper and lower limb - conditions are degenerative in nature and are unlikely to improve with time.

I would have thought that this was suggesting i would be put into the support group?

I intend to ask them to adivse of how they came to their decision and to ask which documents they will be sending to the independent tribunal and requesting that I have a copy of everying thatthey will send. Do I have the right to know who will make up the tribunal and will I be able to contact them directly?

I apologise for the length of this post, but am quite desperate and worried about how I will manage if they stop my money.

Forgot to mention that I was assessed by one of their doctors about 18 months ago and awarded a small amount of dla as I am unable to make a cooked meal for myself - you'd think that would tell them something! Apparently the Medical Profession don't know what they're talking about - all that education!!

Apologies again

Any help advice welcome

Bob

Hi All

I have been place in the WRAG after a face to face assessment. I apologise for the length of this post, but am quite desperate and worried about how I will manage if they stop my money.

Bob

CB ESa stops after 12 months, but then IB ESA can be claimed indefintely as long as you're in the WRAg group and you meet the household income regs.. Do you have a partner who works or any other income. eg occ pension or private pension.

hi

Thanks for the replies.

I do have mobility problems and these have been described in my assessment and appeal but as I can walk for 200 yards I don't think that this is classed as severe enough. The problem is the constant pain I am in - hence the shifting of positions constantly but I can move from one seat to another unaided. I have have depression and take medication for this. I have been described as morbidly despressed by my gp and have had suicidal thoughts and have self-harmed in the past.

Another worry is that I lose concentration and forget things all the time. It drives my partner mad as I have to be told everything over and over again. I think that most of this is due to the meds I am on. I take 10 x 120mg Dihydrocodeine, 4 x 7.5mg zopiclone, 1mg x 2 flupentixol and 2 x 20 mg fluoxetine daily, plus 2 bupenorphine patches per week. As you can imagin these have quite an effect.

I do have a partner who works but no private pension or anything like that.

hi

Thanks for the replies.

I do have mobility problems and these have been described in my assessment and appeal but as I can walk for 200 yards I don't think that this is classed as severe enough. The problem is the constant pain I am in - hence the shifting of positions constantly but I can move from one seat to another unaided. I have have depression and take medication for this. I have been described as morbidly despressed by my gp and have had suicidal thoughts and have self-harmed in the past.

Another worry is that I lose concentration and forget things all the time. It drives my partner mad as I have to be told everything over and over again. I think that most of this is due to the meds I am on. I take 10 x 120mg Dihydrocodeine, 4 x 7.5mg zopiclone, 1mg x 2 flupentixol and 2 x 20 mg fluoxetine daily, plus 2 bupenorphine patches per week. As you can imagin these have quite an effect.

I do have a partner who works but no private pension or anything like that.

You take 1200mg of dihydrocodeine? And your doctor allows it?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

What I don't get about this whole process is that clearly I, and others in this situation, are unable to work. my doctor says that I am unable to work (he will write a statement for me regarding my illness). On the letter telling me about the WRAG and conditions it says that 'there will be a wide range of services to help you back into suitable work, if you are able' . Surely by placing people in the WRAG they are making the judgement that you are able to work.

Does anyone know what is in place to monitor people's illnesses? Or is it the case that once they reject your appeal you stay on that benefit?

This seems to me to be a stealthy way of means testing benefit for all but the most severely disabled.

I'm absolutley shocked that any Dr would advise you to take all that dihydrocodeine AND 4 x the dose of Zopliclone,,,it;s a sleeping pill so it's hardly any wonder you can't think or concentrate....I would hazard a guess that you are overdosing on a massive scale and would get seen by another Dr asap..Your liver is already being compromised if thats really the amount you take,and you would not be able to come off them by yourself.. I'm really surprised that you ever wake up properly (and yes,,I do know about these drugs,,I'm on them,,i have MS),,and I can tell you for a fact you are taking way too much.Are you self medicating?

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

The idea of WRAG is to prepare you for work. They're saying you can't work for now; but might be able to in the future.

And the OP has stated they can walk 200 meter and DWP decision to be place OP into wrag may be able to return to some kind of work in the future and wouldn't meet SG conditions !

You take 1200mg of Dihydrocodeine? And your doctor allows it?

hi

yes, I know that this is normally a huge amount, but it's what I have.

1200mg of Dihydrocodeine is that the maximum dose ? hope not and is Serious a very highly Additive prescribe medicine and he me thinking my 240mg a day was High...

Be Carefully..............

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

What I don't get about this whole process is that clearly I, and others in this situation, are unable to work. my doctor says that I am unable to work (he will write a statement for me regarding my illness). On the letter telling me about the WRAG and conditions it says that 'there will be a wide range of services to help you back into suitable work, if you are able' . Surely by placing people in the WRAG they are making the judgement that you are able to work.

Does anyone know what is in place to monitor people's illnesses? Or is it the case that once they reject your appeal you stay on that benefit?

This seems to me to be a stealthy way of means testing benefit for all but the most severely disabled.

You are worrying yourself way too much about going back to work instead of concentrating on how your illness incapacitate you that's all you need to tell them when they ask are you ready to work you say NO I am not ready and I would not able to cope in a work place, i just help my friend with her medical she went from IB to esa work group which she is happy with though she cannot work at all due to severe depression but it's better than being fail which a lot of people is having and put on job seekers, I did all the talking for her the medical examiner asked a lot of tricky questions but i answered them for her that's why i she believed she passed i step my foot down and make sure they will not just fail her I assure the examiner everything is above board and truthful, I have already advices her when she is call for the work group activity to be truthful and tell them what she can or can do they are no need to be scared they are not going to send you to the gallows!

As others mentioned the high dosage of sleeping pills you are taking there is any wonder you are able to stay up surely you can explain to them about your medications and that you cannot work at this stage whilst on such a higher dosage!

I am still stunned by the amount of toxic drugs you are consuming and are still alive to tell the tale..Zopliclone itself is a highly addictive benzodiazepine which is 7.5mg maximum in 24 hours,,not to be taken on a daily basis,and not used for the long term,,it's highly addictive and should be prescribed/used with extreme caution. I seriously suggest you sort this out asap.

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

what do people mean by addictive?

whenever I have taken a drig thats supposed to be addictive I have never became addicted to it.

What annoys me with these statements is doctors use it as an excuse to not give out diazepam which is a drig effective at relieving all sorts of problems but now often gets held back.

Its common sense that if a drug eases pain or other symptons someone is effectively going to be addicted to be pain free, if that makes sense, not the drug itself.

what do people mean by addictive?

whenever I have taken a drig thats supposed to be addictive I have never became addicted to it.

What annoys me with these statements is doctors use it as an excuse to not give out diazepam which is a drig effective at relieving all sorts of problems but now often gets held back.

Its common sense that if a drug eases pain or other symptons someone is effectively going to be addicted to be pain free, if that makes sense, not the drug itself.

There are two different things - proper addiction, and physical dependance. Sometimes people get them mixed up. You can become physically dependant on lots of drugs - these drugs have physical side effects when you stop, so people will be advised to taper. Some side effects are worse than others and it can be difficult to stop (for instance lots of people have terrible side effects coming off of tramadol). Proper addiction of a prescription drug is where a person either takes in excess of the prescribed dosage or continues to take when the medication is no longer needed. I think this is our concern, that the person in question may be taking in excess of the prescribed dose of more than one drug - this points to one of three things - incompetant doctor and pharmacist, or the person has taken more on their own, or the person is mistakenly reporting to us the dosage they are taking.

Diazepam is from a class of drugs that causes physical dependance, and can also be abused by someone who becomes addicted to it. But you're right, a person shouldn't be denied a drug that might help unless they have a previous history of either abusing drugs, or being unable to beat a physical dependance. I take my medications as prescribed, but my doc won't give me stronger painkillers as they say 'I'm too young to be on stonger opiates', apparently it's better to be in pain and housebound at my age.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I am on cocdomal 30/500's 2 4x daily,,,thats the maximum dose.I have to have diazepam 2x10 mg (one morning and evening) I have access to Oramorph etc but refrain from taking it unless I absolutely 100% have to (don't like the side effects),and the zopliclone at night. My GP is so strict about issuing prescriptions,as she should be.My concern is exactly how Estellyn explained it,,it's too many hypnotic opiates and barbiturates at too high a dose will inhibit the OP's abilities and concentration.

Lillibelle

There are two different things - proper addiction, and physical dependance. Sometimes people get them mixed up. You can become physically dependant on lots of drugs - these drugs have physical side effects when you stop, so people will be advised to taper. Some side effects are worse than others and it can be difficult to stop (for instance lots of people have terrible side effects coming off of tramadol). Proper addiction of a prescription drug is where a person either takes in excess of the prescribed dosage or continues to take when the medication is no longer needed. I think this is our concern, that the person in question may be taking in excess of the prescribed dose of more than one drug - this points to one of three things - incompetant doctor and pharmacist, or the person has taken more on their own, or the person is mistakenly reporting to us the dosage they are taking.

Diazepam is from a class of drugs that causes physical dependance, and can also be abused by someone who becomes addicted to it. But you're right, a person shouldn't be denied a drug that might help unless they have a previous history of either abusing drugs, or being unable to beat a physical dependance. I take my medications as prescribed, but my doc won't give me stronger painkillers as they say 'I'm too young to be on stonger opiates', apparently it's better to be in pain and housebound at my age.

Dizepam is the only drug that has even had any affect on my condition, but it was stopped as it can make people addicted. I didnt oppose it at the time which suggests I wasnt addicted but the symptons it eased came back shortly after it was stopped but I wasnt allowed to go back on it again.

If someone gets a physical dependence but otherwise is no other ill effects what is wrong with that?

Hi

I do not self-medicate, all my drugs are prescribed by my doctor. I know that this is unusually high, however, I have a high tolerance after taking these for over 20 years. My doctor is an excellent doctor and wouldn't normally prescribe this way but my situation is complicated. The next step up for me is morphine but my doctor is very reluctant, as am I, to go down this route. The pharmacist is also aware of my situation. The medical council also are aware of the amount of drugs I take (they thought I was selling them! I am not). The response from everyone on this list is normal and I would expect anyone who knows about pain medication to be shocked, however, the health professional who interviewed me didn't raise an eyebrow or question this at all which leads me to believe that she had no idea of what I am taking and the effects they would have.