binib

mkdp llp- Barclaycard urgent help required

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2510 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all i am new to all these problems and forums so i apologise in advance if i am not making sense or i am posting in the wrong area.

my problem is that my dad is away for a month and i have been checking his mail. i came across a county court claim form against my dad for a sum of £1560 owed to barclaycard. i understand that my dad is required to respond to this within 14 days however what happens if he is not in the country??

the reason he has got himself in this pickel is because he tends to ignore anything he doesnt know how to deal with instead of asking for help. if i dont intervene he will continue to ignore this and i am scared of what the consequences will be. this is all scary to me.

i can pay this amount for him, if that is the best course of action or do i have other options such as negiotating with mkdp????

i have briefly spoken to my dad and he has explained that he had missed one payment and the charges and fee added where extortiante, therefore he refused to pay. Instead of contacting Barclaycard im sure he probably just ignored calls, letters etc.

i am really confused as to how to deal with this, i know if i leave it up to him he will continue to ignore this problem.

can i contact mkdp and negotiate with them or is it too late for that?

what would be the best course of action regarding the claim, since my dad tends to ignore all lettes i cant say if he has recieved any notices etc. i feel that defending part of the claim will be weak on my part hoever i dont want to just hand over more monies then i have to.

hope someone can offer advise on this .

Regards

Hi If you search MKDP on here, you will find many threads where they have issued claims and how to go about dealing with them.

Can you give some more details, like the age of the debt, what they have claimed on the POC and the date of issue, and then people can advise. However it is ultimately your choice on how to proceed.

the debt is from June 2011 and the claim...

The claiment claims the sum of £1560 being monies due from the defendent to the claiment under a regulated agreement between the defendent and Barclaycard xxxxxxxxxxxx and assigned to the claiment on the 15-06-2011, notice of which has been provided to the defendent. the defenedent has failed to make payment in accordance with the terms of the agreement and a defaut notice has been served persuant to the consumer credit act 1974. The claiment claims £1530 plus costs. The claiment has complied as far as is necessary, with pre-action conduct practice direction.

This has been issued on the 27th nov

Thread moved to Legal forum in view of the receipt of court claim.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi again, Are you sure the debt is only from 2011? That is incredibly quick to get a claim issued, BC usually pass it to Mercers who then threaten for months, issue a non-compliant default notice and possibly a NOA and MK eventually take over.

yep i definatly says 2011! i know my dad was having financial issues with his business last year so maybe this is where it all stemd from.

The POC states that it was assigned to MK in June but they don't state the date of the regulated agreement with BC, so it's likely that the debt is much older.

Is it for a credit card or a loan?

Does the reference number they quote tie up with your Dad's details?

Does he have any paperwork ?

You always have the option to contact them to negotiate a settlement but start low because MK will have paid very little for this debt and will be out to get as much as possible, they are known to issue these claims like confetti, without having any compliant paperwork and when a defence is submitted they disappear, and move on to the next unsuspecting person!

It's for a credit card.

I haven't checked the reference yet, I'm going over tomorrow so will try and dig out some paperwork to confirm.

He probably doesn't have any paper work because he has a tendency to ignore scary stuff like this.

My initial thought was to file a defence however the poc states that efforts to resolve were made. Now I'm thinking I don't have a defence and at the same time no evidence available.

I'm thinking I might call them to see if I can negotiate with them.

Thanks

'Efforts' will refer to a few threatening letters and nothing more!

When I asked them for copies of paperwork they sent me 'copies' of letters that I'd never seen before.

Don't assume that everything they write is true, because it is NOT.

Have you done the acknowledgement of service (AOS)?

If you file an AOS that will get you an extra 14 days to file a defence.

I think you need to contact your dad before filing a defence, he really needs to try and sort it out.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS