Greer8472

Different camera surveillance at work question?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2505 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I don't know for sure if this is going to happen I just over heard a dept team leader mention while some one joked and asked why there is a 47" flatscreen tv in the office where we work. His answer is that it's going to be used to monitor workers. Again he could of been joking but what are my rightsaccording to this? I know cameras can be used to monitor people by the management(even the toilets) but surely granting access to this information to every one who walk pass the office to get the next bit of work or just going through? Anyone know if this is legal?

Yes it's legal, as long as its not hidden surveillance. The footage must be processed lawfully, however, in line with data protection principles.

....although even hidden surveillance is lawful providing that all staff are made aware that they might be subject to covert CCTV and the purpose of that is stated. Surveillance in toilets or rest areas will almost always be unlawful given an individual's right to privacy.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

....although even hidden surveillance is lawful providing that all staff are made aware that they might be subject to covert CCTV and the purpose of that is stated. Surveillance in toilets or rest areas will almost always be unlawful given an individual's right to privacy.

Very true - perhaps I should have been more clear in that the CCTV policy needs to be transparent :)

Hi

These PDFs may be of use:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

These PDFs may be of use:

Excellent PDFs thanks for that. It clears up a lot of things and I was looking for something like this for ages. This brings me to another question. The management’s argument with installing them in the toilets is because of criminal damage they have found and it left in a state. That if they wish I don't have problem with as you can go to the toilets hidden away from the darn things but there is a lack of signage around stating they are cameras there. There is only ONE notice at the front gate where as theware house workers see. Could be another where the admin staff enter I don't know but there does seem to be a lack of notifications in this building. Is this an issue I can possible raise?

Hi

Have a look at this ICO link as the other links there will give you more info: http://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/Search.aspx?collection=ico&keywords=cctv+signage

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group