Mobile company and unfair "late" marks on credit report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - First post asking for advice.

Not sure if this should be in the telecoms section or the credit agencies section.

A couple of weeks ago, i got knocked back from a mortgage application at the final underwriting stage, and the reason given was "late payments"

Surprised by this i obtained the other two credit reports as i already had noddle and that didnt show anything.

The company is T-Mobile.

The other two show a U U U 4 for Aug-November this year (and green OKs previous) and no doubt noddle will when it gets updated this month.

Now after chasing this up with their call centre, i had a outstanding balance of just over a tenner, which i paid instantly. I was surprised by this as the sim card had a zero monthly line rental cost - and actually has never been used.

Ive since found a number of things:

They have been charging me 6 pence a month for several months which added up to a balance of 36p outstanding up until the November bill, then the November bill was for £10.57 (due to the 12month offer of the discount ending)

Given the small sums of money involved i find the late payment mark/marks rather unreasonable considering its decimated my credit rating and i stand to lose quite a bit of money on surveys/solicitors fees if im unable to get a mortgage and have to pull out of the sale.

When the contract was originally taken out (i have checked the emails) there is mention of setting up a direct debit and my bank details look correct now i dont know if the DD ever got set up or if it got deleted accidently when i was having my yearly financial "spring clean". - shouldn't they have notified me by post/email if a payment had failed to be taken? - or is the amount below a set threshold where they dont bother?

Do i have a chance on getting them to remove the CRA markers?.

I am glad i "caught" it at this stage without it getting to a default, but its still going to prove very problematic :-x

Thanks in advance

Edited by MisterG2012

which company please.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1. Check your bank to see if the DD was set up, my guess is that this is automated reporting, so you need to make a complaint to the DATA CONTROLLER of the simcard issuer.

2. Place notices of dispute on the CRA FILES.

3. It would be worth a call to the ICO for a view on the fairness issue.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 year later...
hi,

Just wondering if you were able to do anything?

I had something similar with Next directory where a missed payment of £17 ended up on my the credit report.

cheers

thread is 2yrs old

you need to start a new thread

of your own

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks