BCW Group and NPower

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just after some help.

These guys are after a debt at a different address.

I called Npower and gave them my last meter reading and told them that I was no longer at the address.

Months went by and I finally got a bill from them,

however, I could not remember the reading but the supply date was dated a couple of months after my call.

I obviously questioned this - again and again.

Finally, Npower, through BCW confirmed that the meter reading being used is from the one supplied on the 10th Jan 2011

but they continue to send me letters claiming the same, wrong supply date, despite this call being for the sole reason of informing them that this was my final reading at this address.

I've not had chance to check the meter reading as I took a photo of the meter which is on another, uncharged phone but the date sounds right.

I was wondering, am I being unreasonable expecting them to at least supply me with a correct supply period?

They are asking me to send them a copy of my new tenancy agreement and some other stuff, but surely,

if Npower have said that the meter reading from the 10th Jan is the one they are using as their final bill it stands to reason that this is also the end supply date

and not a date nearly 3 months later.

Do they think that with a household of 5 I went a few months with no gas or electricity?

In my frustration I also threatened to go to the FOS if they continue to not supply me with the correct details.

Can I do this as they seem to think that because the actual agreement is regulated by the Energy Ombudsman Services then I cannot go to the FOS regarding their conduct?

Thanks - Lee.

You are entitled to a proper statement showing the amount due for your actual usage, with the correct billing period, address etc.

Suggest that you look up NPowers complaints process and out this in writing asap. Don't worry about BCW, sort it out with NPower. You can go to FOS re problems with BCW, but for NPower you have to use the Energy Ombudsman.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yeah - I've decided to do that now. I'll get NPower to send me their complaint procedure.

I don't know what's so difficult to understand to be honest with them. I did as I was required to do. I called them with the final reading and informed them it was no longer my residence. They managed to log the reading as a final reading but not that I had left the property. Yet all this was in the call. I guess I just get frustrated with the idiots lol.

• 7 months later...

Npower don't have a complaints procedure. They will send you one but then do exactly as they please. I am STILL getting messages from them 2.5 years after I terminated my contract. I don't owe them anything and have no relationship with them.

My advice is write back to them asking them to send you a proper bill. In the meantime begin the ombudsman procedure and keep everything logged and a copy of all correspondence. Do not call them on the phone. The operatives do not have a clue. Do everything in writing.

make a complaint to the information commissioner if you think the details on the bill or anything else are incorrect. They are used to complaints about Npower they get thousands.

I still have no idea why this outfit are allowed to continue to trade. Its beyond my comprehension. My company would have been wound up the first time we instructed a process server to take photographs of a 15 year old or spray a dog in the eyes (just 2 cases from thousands).

Edited by garold01

you're definitely not being unreasonable! Npower's charging methodology (if it is still the same) works on higher rimary and lower secondary units, which would mean they've over charged you. If they've gone over to standing charge then you will have been charged excess s/charges.

Email / write to BCW and state your grounds for the dispute and ensure they clearly mark the file as disputed. Deal with the original creditor (NPower) with regards to the debt. Email [email protected] with your complaint (He's the CEO)

Cheers

Tim