armcm

Letter from RED saying they are going to obtain my employment details

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2507 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Have received a letter from Red claiming they are in the process of obtaining my employment details, and that once they have them they will decide on further action.

Do these DCA's have the right (or means) to obtain my employment details? I am not working at the moment so they aren't going to find anything, but how would they be privy to that information anyway?

Red are part of Lowells - they are all equally unpleasant and their letters are designed to intimidate and obtain knee jerk reactions from "debtors".

This is a new one, they normally say something like..

We have obtained information that you are a property owner.. well whoopidoo.. anyone can access Land registry to find that information.. but what is the first thing that would go through someone's mind.. agghh.. they can make me homeless!!

They are probably hoping that you will worry yourself sick that they will contact your employer/phone you at work. Both against the OFT guidelines.

Or they are hoping that you will then can take you to court, obtain judgment and then get a lien on your salary.

Kind of b*ggered things up for them, by not having a job, havent you?

I am not sure how they would be able to obtain employment information or even if they can. I cant remember if this is something that one completes on the electoral roll ? Which they do have access to.

I will ask if any of the site team know if this is possible.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi what are red chasing?

Personally i would write to them and clearly state that any contact with or through your employers will be treated as a breach of oft guidance 2003/2012 and if continued will be treated as harassment.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

It is a catalogue debt. I am not currently working, I have been in touch National Debtline and they have advised me to make token offers. I am a little surprised they are claiming they can access employment details, I thought only Bailiffs had the authority to do this.

Employment details are not on credt ref files, so they are impying that they have other means of tracing,so in your case tell them you are employed by the state to receive payment.:-)

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They can't legally access employment details to do that they would have to use a computer system such as the DWP's or the IR. As usual the cretins at Apex View are full of bovine excrement.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

just willy waving

how old is this cat debt

when did you last use it

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

And if you ever need to pay this, then it will be £1 a month, and NOT to any redundant DCA either, direct to the catalogue.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!