• Tweets

• Driver entered car park run by CEL Ltd .Tried to purchase lozenges  at Pharmacy , saw it was busy so left . Time there approximately 5 minutes . Left to go to pick up some goods  a couple of miles away . I have a copy of a collection of goods note with an approximate time on it  Stayed a while to chat with client On return journey stopped  to try again . Bought lozenges and left . There were no restrictions on returning  ANPR cameras registered first entry and last exit  Was sent photos showing vehicle with 2 blown up with the times on them   Company refuses to divulge landlord or show contract ....said it was data protection ! Photo of a sign blown up .....could be anywhere ! Been to site itself . No signs at entrance . When entering from main road nothing ! Where there is parking a few signs visible depending on parking space . Large sign on an external wall which can only be seen when walking out or entering from side road on the left . After a number of letters  I received demands from ZZPS ....a “debt collector “. They gave up on that ! This incident took pace in February . Now a Letter Before Court requesting details of my salary and how I intend to pay the debt  The length of stay is 40 minutes . Tiny car park !   Do know why there are even limits . Length of stay maybe 15 minutes in total . It is madness The pack of lozenges cost £185 ! Am 72 years old with multiple health problems ! Cannot let these cowboys win . Feel as though I am being intimidated . Very stressful ! Any  advice please ?I have drafted  together bits from all over the place ! Need it to stop ASAP !
    • Hi    This is my draft WS, please do let me know of nay changes or additions required, thanks.    IN THE County Court AT                                                                              CLAIM NO:      BETWEEN: CABOT FINANCIAL (UK) LIMITED   -and- (DEFENDANT)     ___________________________________________ WITNESS STATEMENT OF        INTRODUCTION    1. I, XXXX, the Defendant in this case, make this statement in support of my defence against the Claimant, Cabot Financial (UK) Limited.  The matters set out below are within my own knowledge, except where I indicate to the contrary.    THE DEFENDANT’S RESPONSE TO THE CLAIMANT’S WITNESS STATEMENT    2. The Claimant states in Paragraph 3, ‘….refer to various documents, true copiesof which are contained in the paginated bundle to this statement marked “JK”1’, but then states in para 4, ‘Acopy of the reconstituted agreementwith associated terms and conditions….pages 1-10’. There are 3 versions attached of the alleged Agreement and Terms & Conditions and according to para 4 they are not the original but ‘a reconstitutedversion’. They have attached 3 Agreements namely, ‘Original Agreement’, ‘Default Agreement’ and ‘Terms of your Capital One Credit Card Agreement’.  The Claimant has provided 3 sets of generic/reconstituted Agreement and Terms & conditions.     3. The Claimant in Para 4 also states ‘On or around 5thNovember 2012 the Defendant entered into a Credit Card Agreement,’ but Page 2 of JK1 has a date inserted 2/11/2012.  It has my name, address and a date inserted in the form but no mention of how the agreement was made, online, post or telephone, and furthermore not mentioned in the Claimant’s Witness Statement.     4. As a rule of thumb I always ensure that no 3rdparty is to contact me or to send me marketing information via telephone, post or electronically’, but Page 2 of JK1 has an unticked box, another indication that this is not an original agreement.    5. Page 5 of JK1 has too many typo mistakes in the heading as follows: TERMSOF YOUR CAPITALONE CREDITCARD AGREEMENT, furthermore there are no ‘full stop’ punctuations at the end of each sentence, this surely cannot be a document sent out by Capital One.     6. The Claimant states in Para 9 that my defence is a ‘templated defence’, requesting documents pursuant of CPR 31.14 and Section 78 of the Credit Card Act 1974, this is a defendant’s right for request of information but the Claimant has failed to provide the true original Credit Card Agreement and Terms & Conditions.   7. The Claimant states in Para 25 that, ‘the Claimant allowed the proceedings to be stayed in order to allow the parties to attempt settlement negotiations…..’ this is not correct as the Claim was stayed due to the Claimant not being able to provide the requested documents pursuant of my CPR 31.14 and Section 78 of the Credit Card Act 1974.   8. Para 30 and 31of the Witness Statement requests to restore the proceedings, to strike out the Defence, has requested for a Summary Judgement, together with costs to be assessed summarily by the court. I, the Defendant, strongly object to the Claimant’s Witness Statement requesting to lift the stay and enter Judgement. I believe therefore, that this should be denied and I respectfully ask for you to strike out the claim. My reasons for this have been outlined in points 1 to 7.    9. By the reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief and invite the Court to strike out the claim.   I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.    Signed:  Dated:
    • District Judge has considered the statements of case and directions questionnaire filed and allocated the claim to the small claims track on 13th January 2020 for 1 hour.    Claimant has by 16th December 2019 pay the court trial fee or file a properly completed application, otherwise the claim will be struck out with effect from 16th December.    I have a few questions if possible to get an answer from anyone please.    The following directions apply to this claim: 1. It says that each party must deliver to the other party and to the court office copies of all documents on which that party intends to rely at the hearing no later than fourteen days before the hearing.  My understanding this will my witness statement, images of the parking area, out of time sent NTK documents. Is this correct? What else am I not thinking about?    2. I have to leave country for important work trip from 10th to 19th of January 2020. Is there anything I can do to postpone this case since its booked for 13th January?  Thanks!      
    • However having had a quick look at the consumer rights act, I see that it doesn't seem to apply if you have bought second-hand goods sold at a public auction and you had the opportunity of attending the same person – section 2 (5) Unless someone has some better ideas, I'm not sure what you can do.
    • I'm trying to understand your story because is not completely clear. You bought the car auction and you were aware at the time of the purchaser there was an ABS fault. Subsequently an ABS fault developed both this was a different fault and not of the type that have been flagged up at the auction. Is this correct? If you bought the car knowing that there was a particular ABS fault then I don't think you have any comeback. However if the fort which subsequently occurred is not the one which was flagged up at auction then you may be in a better position
  • Our picks

nuttyburd

H & S issues at work

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2539 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

HiI work as telesales for a print company.

We are paid min wage and have rolled up holiday pay, they will not ppay sick pay and shut early dur to computer problems or phone problems and do not pay us for this.

Our contract reads hours 'hourly and variable' so when I have questioned this thats how they get round it.

My question today is that there is no HSE poster displayed, or fire signs. I have been the nearly 2 years and there has never been a fire drill or alsrms test, There is no company first aider.

We are on the phones all day and they only have 3 headsets for 12 staff as they have broken over the years and they refuse to replace them due to cost. I get neck and shoulder pains if I dont have one too often.

Also we 'hot desk' twice daily which means no chairs or monitors are set up correctly.Is there anything I can do about these situations, I have tried to raise them in the past but they just think Im trying to cause trouble and will not think twice about cutting my shifts to force me out. (yheyve done this to other staff) but I need this job untill I can find a better one.

Thanks for your help in advance.Nutz

Edited by honeybee13
Editing in some paragraphs for easier reading.

You can but as you say your employer will think you are making trouble, do you really want to cause problems just before Christmas? I would just look for another job, there are always vacancies for experienced good telesales staff .

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Hi

These PDFs from HSE website may be of use: www.hse.gov.uk/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

An anonymous 'enquiry' to the local Environmental Health department might be interesting

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi

Thanks Stu, interesting reading. and as I suffer with bad back and shoulders I will be taking longer to properly adjust my chair before starting each shift.

Sidewinder, I think you may be right and will make an 'enquiry' on Monday.

Thanks guys for your input.

Nutz