H & S issues at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HiI work as telesales for a print company.

We are paid min wage and have rolled up holiday pay, they will not ppay sick pay and shut early dur to computer problems or phone problems and do not pay us for this.

Our contract reads hours 'hourly and variable' so when I have questioned this thats how they get round it.

My question today is that there is no HSE poster displayed, or fire signs. I have been the nearly 2 years and there has never been a fire drill or alsrms test, There is no company first aider.

We are on the phones all day and they only have 3 headsets for 12 staff as they have broken over the years and they refuse to replace them due to cost. I get neck and shoulder pains if I dont have one too often.

Also we 'hot desk' twice daily which means no chairs or monitors are set up correctly.Is there anything I can do about these situations, I have tried to raise them in the past but they just think Im trying to cause trouble and will not think twice about cutting my shifts to force me out. (yheyve done this to other staff) but I need this job untill I can find a better one.

Thanks for your help in advance.Nutz

Edited by honeybee13
Editing in some paragraphs for easier reading.

You can but as you say your employer will think you are making trouble, do you really want to cause problems just before Christmas? I would just look for another job, there are always vacancies for experienced good telesales staff .

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Hi

These PDFs from HSE website may be of use: www.hse.gov.uk/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

An anonymous 'enquiry' to the local Environmental Health department might be interesting

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi

Thanks Stu, interesting reading. and as I suffer with bad back and shoulders I will be taking longer to properly adjust my chair before starting each shift.

Sidewinder, I think you may be right and will make an 'enquiry' on Monday.

Thanks guys for your input.

Nutz