VF & Small Claims

ShaneG2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have very recently received a phone call and follow up letter from a Debt Collection Agency

regarding an old bill that i know of with Vodafone.

I do not dispute the fact i owe Vodafone money

however i do believe the amount the DC Agency is suggesting is high.

I will be paying the money back when / if i can come to a reasonable agreement with them

but before that i would like some advise on obtaining information from them

telling me that the debt has been legally passed to them by Vodafone for collection

- i simply do not want to give my bank card details to someone who at present is unknown to me.

Is there a sample letter that i should be sending to request certain documentation before making a payment?

I read somewhere that i am allowed to ask for this sort of information

but is there any specific legislation i should call upon in the letter?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shane

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rebel

I had no reason not to deny the debt however i did state to the gentleman on the phone i disputed the amount.

He said we have posted a letter proving they have been assigned the debt by Vodafone however having received this letter today it's not really proof...its just a sentence stating they have been instructed by Vodafone to collect.

Thanks

Shane

Hi Shane

Send a letter to Vodafone, send it recorded keep a copy, ask them to send you a receipt. You want any Penalty Charges you've paid taken off the amount they are asking. In the letter tell them how much your willing to pay and why you are disputing the total amount. Tell them you will only deal with them.

Just for the record I wasn't asking you 'deny' the debt, but I wanted them to provide the correct documentation.

So your saying to them, give me a bit more then the 'one sentance'.

Hi

Thanks for the information. I will send a letter to Vodafone asking if i can deal with them. I do wish i just cancelled the mobile contract when i stopped using it...o well thinking like that now is my fault!

i hope i can deal with vodafone direct as DC Agencies are so shady!

Thanks

Shane

Hi

Following on from the help given earlier..

.i have received another call from the Debt Collecting Agency and my god what a conversation.

He was clearly an arrogant person on the end of the line

and went into a line of we want a payment now over the phone

so we can set up an agreeable monthly re-payment.

I interrupted at this point and said i am not willing to make any payment to you

until i am satisfied that you have been legally assigned to collect the payments on behalf of Vodafone.

A simple enough request i thought

- most people like to know who they are paying right??

he then went into a verbal assault accusing my of not being able to manage my finances

and having a bad credit rating etc etc which to be honest flung me back a bit

considering i had only asked him to provide me with copies of information

that led to them taking the account on from Vodafone.

..this is not an unreasonable request is it?

because i was taking so long to pay i was incurring their charges.

my account was £440 ish and it had increased to circa £500 due to the delays with repayments etc.

that if i did not make payment tonight they would instigate the next step of issuing court proceedings to recover the money.

At this point i cut him off and said i am not being unreasonable in my request for the information

but again he cut me off with accusations of poor credit management etc etc.

He closed by saying they would get court proceedings out to me ASAP.

Thats how the call ended and to be honest i am fuming.

I dont suppose its just me who has had this kind of call

but surely they cant do this especially when i am only requesting such detail.

Any advise on how i can address this situation further would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shane

Hi

Following on from my post last night I have now emailed The Financial Ombudsman to instigate a complaint against Fredrickson International.

Do you think I should in any case issue them on the the 'prove it' letters or is their verbal threat of court action just that...a threat with no substance?

Thanks

Shane

Hi

Following on from my post last night I have now emailed The Financial Ombudsman to instigate a complaint against Fredrickson International.

Do you think I should in any case issue them on the the 'prove it' letters or is their verbal threat of court action just that...a threat with no substance?

Thanks

Shane

It may be a threat with no substance - and a prove it letter at least puts the ball in their court.

DO NOT deal with them on the phone - send them a harrasment letter also, and refuse to answer their security questions on the phone in the meantime - or even better just say in writing only and hang up.

Hi Shane,

From the information you've posted here I'm sure I can be of assistance to you here.

To enable me to access your account so that I can take a closer look at things for you could you email me your details by following the steps in our pinned thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems?

Once you've sent it you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Could you update the thread with this so I can make sure it reaches us and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Shane,

Thanks again for your time on the phone yesterday.

I'm pleased that we were able to come to an acceptable arrangement here with you and thanks for updating the thread to confirm that this is now resolved.

Take care.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 1 year later...

Hi all

I have a well documented issue with a high profile telecommunications provider and in a final attempt to resolve the issue i am contemplating issuing proceedings in the County Court.

I have drafted a letter before action (using this sites template) and i was wondering if anyone would volunteer to review it for me prior to me sending it?

Thanks

Shane

You want to post it up Shane or prefer to PM it to me? ( if the case is sensitive)

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ok Shane,

Firstly never pre warn the basis of your claim within a LBA. LBAs are for warning and intentions and seeking proporsition and summons are for pleadings.Im not sure if you are aware but we have a Rep on site here who may be able to defuse this for you before any action is required, Lee Vodafone Company Rep.I would PM him and get his attention and explain your problem and intentions firstly before any course of legal action.

Regards

Andy

Here is a link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?260000-Lee-Vodafone-Company-Rep

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread