I raise a glass to..............CHRISTMAS GARDEN OF REMEMBERANCE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So Christmas is nearly upon us once again...... A time for giving, sharing, fun, laughter and good food. But it also makes us remember people we love who are no longer here to celebrate.

I turn 41 on Sunday, :-( and it has always been a tradition in my family that the decorations go up on my birthday.

When I had my own family, the tradition continued, however my loving Mum and Dad are no longer here to join in, and putting up the decs whilst celebrating my birthday brings both joy and pain because it brings back so many memories. (My Dad loved Christmas so much he had us playing Christmas carols as a kid on my sisters birthday........... 15th Nov lol)

So I want to remember my Mum and Dad (and the other family members and friends whom I have loved and lost) by raising a CAG drink to them.

Please join in by raising a glass of your loved ones favourite tipple and feel free to add a story as to why you raise that glass.

Merry Christmas every one xx

Up2

Dad (02/1997) I raise a glass of port to you because you made me believe Santa preferred this to milk. I love and miss you, God bless

Mum, (09/2007) I raise a glass of Baileys to you because that's all you drank. :| lol, I love and miss you, God bless

I raise a glass of Rose wine (my tipple) to the rest of my family and friends no longer with us. I love and miss you, God bless

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MS Bobcat here

I raise a glass of milk 1 to my darling grand-daughter Alisha Marie

15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

miss you sweetheart, always and forever xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

What a lovely idea for a thread. :-)

Glass of Jack duly raised to my Gran and Grandad, and Nanna and Grandad. Also to my BIL's Mum, who sadly passed away in late November.

Bless you all.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

To my 2 big brothers who left us too young. Cheers boys. Miss you both.xxxx

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

To Caro's brothers,

Two glasses tipped for you xx

Thanks Caro for your support... xx

My pleasure. It's nice to remember them now even if it has brought a tear to my eye.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

thinking of each and every Angel, also remembering OH'S triplets lost at 14 weeks into pregnancy X♥X♥

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I bought a special xmas gift for my late mother who passed away in april 2008. It's a little angel that sits in a sort of halo and it reads under the halo......every time a bell rings an angel gets their wings.

I will be raising a lot of glasses this exmas

My late wife who passed away on 25-1-99 due to 2nd term breast cancer she passed away just 7 days after our youngest son's 6th birthday Sue will never know how much she is missed and I still remember her every day and some days so much more than others....no one can see me reading the various cards at the shop ....searching trying to find the right card for her when I take the card to the cemetary or when I buy flowers to take....when the lady askes ...shall I wrap them and i say no they are for her grave and her birthday being 10-10-57 and her burial plot being 10-57.....why why was that I will raise a glass for the three miscarries she had too before our boys came along

I will raise a glass to her twin sister who also passed away due to breast cancer on 11-7-95 it was ME who had to give the UCU staff a time to cut her life support due to none of her family could do it.

I will raise a glass to the late husband of my late sis in law when he also passed away 16 months after she did and my late wife and i helped look after their 4 youngest children to help give their nanna a break.

I will raise a glass for the elder and younger of my sisters who also died of their cancers in in October 2003 and March 2005 and for my eldest brother who died from a massive stroke in july 2000.

I will raise a glass to the 24 year old nephew who "silly boy" got involved with drugs and died in jan 07 and then last june his elder brother Vincent died too....early 40's while in hospital waiting for his wife to come to pick him up due to he had been.....cured...the case will be starting soon.

I will raise a glass to my mum who died on 2nd of April just 20 minues after my two sons and i went to see her she was 91 and had such a hard life it was me who closed her tired little eyelids and not a nice thing for my boys to have witnessed....their nanna passing away right in front of them....we were not expecting it.

I will raise a glass to my late dad.......he died in nov 80 he came through Dunkirk but lost a leg during dispatch motor cycle riding over here while waiting for his regiment to be re-formed.

Lastly I will raise a glass to me....I survived a heart attack and will strive to be here for my son's,some family and friends and good friends in here.There are some who I will have missed here to raise a glass too but due to the way my head aches I cant remember them all.....I may be stoshed xmas day if I raised a glass to them all so I'll just have to one glass for them all....rip my lovely family xxxx

Happy Birthday for December 15th Alisha, have a wonderful day with all the other Angels. 7 today! xxxx

Happy Birthday for December 15th Alisha, have a wonderful day with all the other Angels. 7 today! xxxx

Sadly there are 20 more little angels who have just joined your precious Alisha. Remembering her and them. :grouphug:

yes Caro I heard it, so awful. In our thoughts and prayers xx

Slightly belated glass raised to my late wife, who would have turned 40 on the 7th.

I'm remarried now and happy, but this stuff doesn't ever go away.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

100_0678-1_zps1e4be4ec.jpg

granddad - first christmas without you

• Confused 1

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

to Karina Menzies who's little girls will be getting their very last gifts from their mummy....the gifts were what she had bought as a start up for her girls before she got crushed by the hit and run driver.

I'll raise a glass to Mick B an old mate of mine who left behind a wife and their two little girls xx his wife lights a candle to Mick every single day

• 4 weeks later...

I've not been on CAG fo a long time and have only just seen this beautiful thread.

Can I raise a belated glass to my beautiful son, Mark, who passed away on 26th November.

He only got sick in August and passed suddenly that Monday evening.

I was in the hospital talking to him only an hour before he died.

Keep singing with the Angels Mark!xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

so sorry to hear this Cassie, my thoughts and prayers are with you

I've not been on CAG fo a long time and have only just seen this beautiful thread.

Can I raise a belated glass to my beautiful son, Mark, who passed away on 26th November.

He only got sick in August and passed suddenly that Monday evening.

I was in the hospital talking to him only an hour before he died.

Keep singing with the Angels Mark!xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

a BIG bunch of hugs on their way from here too x

we have my late wifes 14 aniversary of her death here on the 25th Jan and it will get better Cassie but it's how long it takes that hurts x