• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Washing machine two months out of warrenty.

not again
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a washing machine from Comet that continued to repeatedly break down, eventually they replaced it, I put some more cash towards a better machine.

It is an Indesit PWDE 8148s. It is 14 months old.

Today it had a catastrophic electrical failure, probably the main PCB board. Also the heater element has blown and the door handle has snapped off. The door handle is integral to the door and the whole door will need replacing.

At no time has the machine been abused, it has been de scaled every month or so.

I called Indesit who told me, and I quote ''thats just the way it rocks'', they have now sold me a 1 year warranty for 14.99 a month for 12 months and are coming to fix the machine tomorrow evening.

If they cannot fix it they will replace it.

My question is this, should I be expected to pay this money after just 14 months or can I expect a washing machine/dryer to last longer before needing major repairs?

I quoted the sale of good act to Indesit and they told me it doesnt apply to them , it is down to Comet (who are now no more) to abide by this act.

Is there anything I can do?

Can I have them fix it then cancel the 1 year warranty? they told me to do this would cost £104 which would be cheaper than getting the machine fixed by one of their engineers, it still has a 5 year parts guarantee.

I brought a TV from comet a week ago it lasted 7 days and does not work

comet wont fix it

manufacturer wont fix unless i pay estimate stands at £254

I think with the circumstances of comet the 15 quid is a deal!!!

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Hi not ,

Am I reading this correctly the Product is 14 Months old and has failed it has a 5 Year Parts Guarantee .

You have contacted INDESIT (as COMET the Seller is basically dead ) who have now sold you an additional 1 year Warranty @ £14.99 per Month which works out at £179.88 .

Or is the 5 Parts Guarantee now included with this additional £14.99 per Month you have now signed up to .

If that is the case after 1 year you would only have a Labour charge to pay if the product fails within the next 5 years ?

They are now going to attempt a repair if they cannot they will replace the Propduct .

Regards

GorgieBoy

Hi

Yes the washing machine was under a 5 year parts guarantee however if they came to fix it even though the parts were free the fee for labour was 120 quid , they told me if it could not be fixed I would still have to pay and end up with an unfixable washing machine.

For the extra few quid I could get an extended warranty period in which labour and a replacment machine would be covered, replacement being in the event that the machine was beyond economical repair.

The technician has just left, he found a broken door, broken power relay module , broken main board, broken heating element, broken vacuum tube to the pressure switch, door seal among other things including a suspect motor.

This all seems a bit much for a 14 month old machine doesnt it? They are basically replacing 75 percent of all the electric components inside the machine, and they still see this as an economical repair?:!:

A leaking hose I would expect, but not a list of faults on major components such as this.

This was the web page that led me to their service dept, the 89.99 when you talk to them is really £120 or there abouts, then option 2 is to pay 14.99 a month and have the full extended warranty, although it was not worded like this.

In fact it was very confusing , especially when we were talking about costs.

Put www in front of the address below.

.indesitservice.co.uk/hs/pages/book_a_service_call/puf.jsp

Hi not ,

Yes saw the link all rather confusing .

The Engineer will fit whatever parts are required to get the machine working again , which is what he has done .

I still do not think it is correct that you are so much out of pocket with a 14 Month old appliance " Fit for Purpose" "Reasonable lengh of Time" what an expensive joke I dont even know where SOGA could fit into this one now .

Regards

GorgieBoy