Barclaycard claim new one

Carl Stevens
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I got my satements back today only going back to May 2004 with a note saying the rest are not held on a computer system or structured relevant filing system and therebye dont come under the Data Protection act 1998 but can be obtained from the customer services department at #3 (sorry no pound sign) per statement what a rip off. I will now work out the charges from what ive got and start the ball rolling.

If you wish to reply to their letter re DPA, there is a response HERE

You might just need to alter one or two words in it, but not much.

John

• Confused 3

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I got my satements back today only going back to May 2004 with a note saying the rest are not held on a computer system or structured relevant filing system and therebye dont come under the Data Protection act 1998 but can be obtained from the customer services department at #3 (sorry no pound sign) per statement what a rip off. I will now work out the charges from what ive got and start the ball rolling.

I got more of less the same letter this morning from them,going to use the letter on the link just above this post now and send that to them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You don't say if you accepted it back or not.? Please be aware that you must accept back any money they offer you as long as it doesn't hold conditions ie: full and final settlement , confidentiality etc etc .If it is conditional make them aware you will accept that amount back but without the conditions and will be continue to pursue the rest in court if need be .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 1 month later...

I have received a payment of 165 as a gesture of goodwill and the usual statement saying that these charges are set out in their terms and conditions and therebye justified

I have accepted part payment but only as part settlement of my claim and that I will continue with the rest of my claim.

Do I submit the claim to MCOL for the rest of the charges ie the balance between the two sums (they offered half of the charges) I tried to settle before getting this far but drew a blank with the banks refusal to pay the balance.

If they have paid you some money already, without conditions, then just remove that amount from your claim total.

It would probably be best to subtract the money from your most recent charges working backwards. This would allow you to add interest to the oldest of charges rather then newest (which is 'worth' slightly more to you).

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Can i include any additional charges incurred since my initial approach for repayment in my MCOL claim or would I have to let them know that I am claiming for additional charges applied to my account since making my first approach for a refund

Yes, you can include the latest charges. Offset the payment against those first.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks