Sigma claim form - M&S CC.- help

Gallahad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

g

what did they send you before eg re this signed application form you mention? small print? are you sure the form had no terms on it?

Edited by Ford

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

up to you, can do. was just double checking :)

and what about the def notice, any more defects apart from the 14 days? (loyds dn's were often quite non compliant around that time)?

at first sight from what you have put;

would think #2 could be omitted/edited. the actual signed doc would need to have contained the prescribed terms to be propely executed.

and poss overall could need some more editing/expansion?

ok :)

re defence from what you have posted, poss suggestion put them to proof, eg as per cpr says.

perhaps including something along lines (IMO, at own risk, without prejudice, edit to suit) ?:

- claimant is put to proof that there was a signed doc that contained all of the prescribed terms as required by the consumer credit act, eg s 127 3,4 cc act. and as confirmed by the house of lords in Wilson etc. it is submitted that the application/agreement mentioned was not properly executed.

- the claimant has, to date, failed to comply with my reasonable and legitimate request under civ proc rule 31.14 despite giving them more time to allow for production and inspection.

- claimant is put to proof that they served a compliant default notice as per the DN Regs 1983, and therefore that they have complied with s87 cc act prior to enforcement. it is submitted that the claimant did not comply with the regs and therefore s87 as they did not allow 14 days etc.

- claimant is put to proof that, in any event, they have provided an accurate response prior to enforcement to my lawful request under s78 cc act, as confirmed in Kotecha v Phoenix.

- the PD/ rules that andy mentions re production of agreement

etc, as you say

see what andy, etc, say.

Edited by Ford

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

This is my revised defence following suggestions

My Defence.

I neither admit or deny liability

The Defendant denies that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or at all on the basis of numerous breaches of statutory requirements. The details of which are set out below.

Section 78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974*

The Claimant is in breach of its obligations under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 section 78(1). The Defendant made a request in writing for a copy of the executed credit agreement. The document provided did not comply with the requirements of the aforesaid section because*

1. the document was not easily legible as required by Regulation 2 Consumer Credit Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents Regulations 1983

1.1 The terms and conditions applicable were not provided until the credit token was provided to the debtor. Accordingly this is a breach of s61 (1)(a) Consumer Credit Act 1974 as the prescribed terms were not present at the point of signing and the application did not contain any of the prescribed terms. Accordingly pursuant to s127 (3) Consumer Credit Act 1974 the Court may not make an enforcement order where there is a breach of s61 (1)(a) Consumer Credit Act 1974. Furthermore and without prejudice to the above, the Defendant avers that the terms and conditions produced are not incorporated into the contract. There is no reference apparent within the signed application form to any accompanying terms and conditions therefore the terms cannot be considered to have been embodied by reference as laid out within section 61(1)(a) or (b) Consumer Credit Act 1974. S189 clearly defines the word embody for the purpose of the Act.

1.2 no statement of account was adduced.

Accordingly s78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 acts as a bar on enforcement and per*HFO services Limited vs Kirit Patel, Claim number*8QC52414, before His Honor Judge Platts,*the Claimants claim ought to be dismissed.

It is submitted that default notice served under section 87(1) of the consumer credit act 1974 failed to meet meet the regulations of the act which require 14 days to remedy the breach. Furthermore the Default notice served did not contain the Office of Fair Trading fact sheet as required by paragraph 10(A) of Schedule 2 of the Regulations. Accordingly the Default notice is bad and no enforcement is permitted. The Defendant relies of*Harrison vs. Link Financial Limited*[2011] EWHC B2 Mercantile to support this.

It is submitted the claimant failed to meet the regulations of Pre Action Protocol PD Annex B by failing to send a letter before action.

The claimant has, to date, failed to comply with my reasonable and legitimate request under civil procedure rule 31.14 despite giving them more time to allow for production and inspection of the documents mentioned in the POC.

I would respectfully request the court allow me the opportunity to amend my defence should the claimant eventually meet my CPR 31.14 request

The Claimant has not complied with s61,62, 78, and 87 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and therefore cannot enforce the agreement.

The documents disclosed as the agreement are not easily legible and therefore it is unsafe to grant judgment on the back of these documents

The agreement is irredeemably unenforceable and thus pursuant to s127 (3) the Claim should be dismissed and a declaration to this effect made by the Court pursuant to s142 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Therefore, the Claimants Claim should be dismissed and the Claimant should pay the Defendants costs to be summarily assessed on an indemnity basis.

wasnt sure about the 'cannot admit/deny liability' bit, although its in the cpr as a poss option. check it over with andy etc.

Edited by Ford

Remove it G will just annoy the DJ before he even gets to the first Paragraph.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

neither admit or deny on paper, but as DJs usually ask the question did you have a credit card, your reply then can be as such, in my case the other persons solicitor jumped in and stated what I had said to him outside = exactly that, the DJ then moved on.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: