jjrmpb

tax credits examination !!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2505 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi all

i have recieved a letter from hmrc saying they are doin a examination of our claim under the 2002 act section 16(3) a

well i phoned the number on the letter yesturday to update them on my childcare amo0unt change on 13th september and i had never informed them.

the problem we have is that they require all origional documents as evidence such as bank statement, rent agreement, council tax bill, childcare invoices/receipts payslips p60 p45.

the problem is that my husband applied for his indefinate leave to remaine in the uk visa on september 19th and can take up to 6 months, and we had to send all original documents to them i have check and if i request the documents to be returned they will cancel his application refund the fee and we will have to apply again so that in NOT an option for us, when i sopke to the lady she said i would have to put that in a letter when i send in the documents that i do have and they will look at it.

i know its a bit of an odd situation so i guess there isnt many people who have experiance of this but any advice would be great as im stressin out here

Hello and welcome to CAG.

In the circumstances, do you think they would accept copies of the documents? Assuming you have copies.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

we dont have any copies of anything as didnt have any reason to think we would need the documents in the 6 months that it can take for the visa process, she asked if we could get copies of payslips which we can and bank statements but things like tennancy agreement, council tax bill p60 wont be here by the deadline,

x

also they want to know if we own a car and if so what the reg number is ? is this standard ? it slightly confussed me as to what a car reg number would have anything to do with our tax credits ?