Jump to content


style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2099 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I have a credit card with Vanquis with a credit limit of £1750. It's currently at around £1900 due to interest and charges.

 

I fell into financial difficulties about 12 months ago between jobs and since have found it difficult to make any sort of impact on clearing the balance (despite paying around £100-£200 per month).

 

A family member has offered to loan me money to make a final settlement offer to Vanquis of £1400. I have spoken to Vanquis who seem to take what I say and twist it into something else. However, I should be in a position by the end of the week to make the payment.

 

Is there anything that I should request before or after the payment? I am concerned that they will accept the £1400 as a settlement but continue to chase me for more money once this has been paid. I have already decided that they will be paid from an account that is currently empty so that if they try and take more than they should, they'll have a hard time in doing so. They have caused so much stress over the last 18 months that I just want to give them the money and to leave me alone!!

 

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YOU MUST WRITE, NO TELPHONE AGREEMENT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES , make your offer and request written confimation that they will accept the payment as full and final settlement.

Edited by Crocdoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been looking on these forums and have seen mention of requesting a CCA agreement. Would this be advised as a good first step before making the offer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If PPI or charges form part of the balance you could go down this route and claim back. Any offer would most likely be deducted from the current balance, you could then offer a Full and Final based on a percentage of the reduced amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes

get reclaiming FIRST

 

dx


PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

 

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have now sent two letters confirming my F&F offer to no avail. Has anyone ever had a written response from these cretins despite their claims they have "no-one" avaliable to type letters to people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to get yourself in the driving seat NOW.

As it does appear you have charges to reclaim,I would send a letter before action including a schedule of charges and interest you will be claiming.


Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

Just to give an update on this, I sent two letters affirming my offer and I had a couple of texts from Vanquis saying they would like to offer me a settlement figure. I text them back stating any offers of a settlement figure should be put in writing as per my documentation.

 

Heard nothing until Moorcroft reared their heads claiming all sorts. I've also had a statement from Vanquis.

 

I'm not entirely sure who has the debt - should I CCA both and see what I get back? I've also seen on another forum about sending 3 letters to DCA's referring to them as interlopers with no right to contact me about my business with Vanquis.

 

Best route to take would be much appreciated :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

action post 7 please

 

have you al the statements?

 

if not SAR vanquish

dont worry about the dca's

they do not OWN the debt

so can threaten all they like.

 

ignore them

 

dx


PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

 

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

Hoping that someone can help me.. I've previously posted before!

 

I have a default with Vanquis which I am now paying off via Lowells (they sent me the DOA). However, I dispute the placing of the default as they (Vanquis) haven't wrote to me to confirm that's what they were doing.

 

There was a verbal agreement from Vanquis to accept a full and final offer but they would not put anything in writing to confirm that it was full and final. Therefore, I wouldn't pay up - I think I offered around £1400 for a £1900 balance. Next thing, a default appears. There is also a note to say there was an agreement to pay but the sneaky b'stds wouldn't put it in writing!!

 

I wrote to Vanquis in November and used the template from the Learn Money website (can't post links!) including a £1 postal order and received no response. So, I've wrote to them again with the same letter reminding them they've not responded to me and included another £1 payment just to cover it.

 

Is this the right way to go to try and attempt to get it removed? Or are my chances slim to naff all, so not worth pursuing?

 

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two threads merged. Please keep to this one thread for this issue.

 

What have you done so far in respect of the advice given previously?


If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

 

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

 

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

 

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

 

 

 

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

 

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

 

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've moved house a couple of times, so I didn't manage to get around to sending any SAR requests. I had considered that as my next port of call if I didn't get a response to my two letters. Is that worth doing alongside the current request for the agreement and certified copy of the default?

 

My biggest concern is getting the default removed; I'm annoyed that they can do that when they couldn't respond in writing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...