worried !st stop will refuse StepChange DMP & goto Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Whoopie Do

i am new to this forum so please bear with me,

i hope you managed to get this sorted since your last post.

i decided to reply to your post because i also have a debt with 1st stop and other PDLs,

i cant repay them any more and iwith the help of Stepchange (formely Cccs ) i will enter into a DMP.

i have emailed all the companies and so far only one has responded positively ( Lending Stream) but the others havent.

i have been reading all the posts concerning 1st stop and its really worrying me, do you think they will accept the DMP?

each company will get £5 each month as its all i can afford,

Stepchange will send them all the relevant info but it will take a few weeks yet

and i am concerned 1st stop will take me to court before that!

do you think they will accept the DPM repayment offer?

sorry for all the questions but as you know am sure its a horrible palce to be and right now i need all the advice i can get.

i am also of course contacting Stepchange about a possible summons being issued and how they can help me.

many thanks for any input you can give me and all the best of luck with your case.

Hi Angie 090465

When I stopped my debt management plan no payday lender had accepted the proposals and I was just fed up with paying my DMP company 30.00 a month. I contacted all my lenders and offered the same as they were getting on the DMP which they accepted. 1st Stop ever replied and they eventually sent a summons which I challenged and offered initial loan plus one months interest. 1st Stop did not accept this so the Court agreed what I offered so I came out just over £100.00 better off.

If you have had summons issued, your DMP will help you with that but I do not think that the COurt will make you pay anymore than what you have arranged with your DMP.

You really need to be tough with these PDL's and stand your ground. I know it's a horrible position to be in but it will get better

Hi Angie 090465

When I stopped my debt management plan no payday lender had accepted the proposals a

nd I was just fed up with paying my DMP company 30.00 a month.

I contacted all my lenders and offered the same as they were getting on the DMP which they accepted.

1st Stop ever replied and they eventually sent a summons which I challenged and offered initial loan plus one months interest.

1st Stop did not accept this so the Court agreed what I offered so I came out just over £100.00 better off.

If you have had summons issued, your DMP will help you with that

but I do not think that the COurt will make you pay anymore than what you have arranged with your DMP.

You really need to be tough with these PDL's and stand your ground.

I know it's a horrible position to be in but it will get better

Hi Whoopie

thank you very much for your reply,

so glad you managed to win over these vultures..

...they prey on vulnerable people and i wish now i had never set eyes on these companies..

bit of update,

i have emailed each company including 1s stop with the details of my DMP with Stepchange,

so far bar one they have all replied,

even 1st Stop, s

aying that they will wait to recieve all the info from Stepchange and stop charges and interests in the meantime,

1st STOP, to my surprise,

said they will put account on hold for 31 days which by then they would ahve recieved payment offer and documentation etc...

at the moment its going ok,

the only thing i have a worry with is that i know 1st STOP uses CPA on bank acounts

and i dont trust them for one minute!

i moved my money to another account this month just in case,

i cancelled my debit card but apparently they can get hold of new card detail!!

called my bank to ask to stop CPA but of course they said they couldnt, what a joke..

its not ideal because all my direct debits come out of that account so put in some money when they are due..

did you find the same with 1st stop?

thanks again for replying to my message

take care

Angie

Hi Angie,

In this forum there is a page which states that your bank have to obey your wishes about CPA off your debit card,

they cannot refuse to do it,

search this area of the forum carefully and you will find it posted several times,

sorry but I cannot remember where it is.

You will have to be careful about applying for credit on line as some PDL's can get your card details through a third party,

one company springs to mind and that is CFO who raided my Bank

but I got my money back as a gesture of goodwill from my Bank

because of the way that the Bank had treated my complaint.

I am paying my PDL's myself and I will not pay them anymore than initial loan plus one months interest,

again there is information on this forum about that also.

It has something to do about the interest these PDL's charge for a short term loan.

1st Stop only sent me a summons so I had no trouble with them,

filled the summons in on line,

offered the initial loan plus one months interest and the Court agreed with me.

Good luck

Whoopie

own thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...