Raven26

Tax credits investigation

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2468 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi like many others I received a letter today stating my claim as a single parent is under investigation, I have nothing to hide and therefore not too worried about it but my circumstances are a little strange. I was having major problems with an ex landlady and needed to move quick but couldn't find anywhere close enough to my childrens school, a great opportunity arose when a good friend of mine lost his job and therefore couldn't afford his mortgage and would have to sell up. I offered to rent the house from him which he agreed to and moved back in with his parents this helped us both out most of the bills were left in his name as it was only supposed to be short term until I found suitable accommodation and he found new employment but 6months has turned into 3years. To complicate things further on a night out with mutual friends of our we ended up having a one night stand which resulted in us having a son together but we are not a couple. I was told on the phone that he has a lot of credit at this address but he bought a lot of things namely kitchen, new tv while he was still living here and is still paying them off which would explain the credit! I've explained my situation to them but I got the feeling they didn't believe me and I'm afraid that if they decide I'm lying how I'm going to manage to take care of my 3 children, pay the bills, buy food etc I was investigated by housing benefit about a year ago about him living here as he was spending a lot of time here making huge repairs to the house as there was a lot of damage to the walls due to damp, they were happy that he was not living here can anyone tell me if I can use that investigation and its outcome as some evidence that he's not living here?? Any help on the whole matter would be greatfully received, thank you

Hi, just quickly did you sort this as the same thing has happened to me