meg&mog

Cabot looking for repayment on a old Barclays Loan or Bank account

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2509 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys

Still trying to sort mine and my hubby's debts

my hubby filed bankruptcy approx 11/12 years ago and we have had a letter from Cabot looking for repayment on a old Barclays Loan or Bank account

(my hubby doesn't remember having either)

Cabot say in their letter it is for a barclayloan

in their email they say it is for a bank account opened in 1997

can they chase it?

What should I do?

Please help

what does his CRA file say anything?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Considering the age of it even if it hadn't been included in his bankruptcy it would be statute barred anyway. As he was made bankrupt it would have been advertised & they had a limited time to contact the OR to make a claim. They're too late now in any case. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi Guys

Nothing on his credit file at all they had write to me and I emailed them asking what they wrote to me for they emailed back saying please get Mr ******* to contact Us it is like they used me to get to him

I met my hubby in 1998 I have never known him have a Barclayloan or bank account so no payments would have been made he doesn't remember it either but you never know

Thanks again guys

Just write and tell them that any debts from that period were covered by his bankruptcy & include his ref no if he knows it, if not tell them to search the London Gazette. Also add that any claim they think they may have is covered by the Statute of Limitations & as such would be Statute Barred in any case. ;)

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your replies I don't know his bankruptcy number I did keep his paperwork for a long time but I have no clue where is is now

I will send that letter ASAP

Thanks again :-)

If they give you any further grief contact his Official Receiver for him to deal with them and also make a complaint to the OFT.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If they give you any further grief contact his Official Receiver for him to deal with them and also make a complaint to the OFT.

Ok will do ill be back to update thank you :-)