tosh1

British Gas Homecare - No Engineer again.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2501 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have British Gas Homecare 400.

On Thursday our light in the bathroom stopped working and I went online and booked an appointment for the same day. My wife took a day off work and at 4pm she had a phone calllink3.gif to say that they could not make it because they don't class this as an emergency. I complained and they knocked off £5.00 of the direct debitlink3.gif for 2 months and arranged the appointment for today. My wife then took today off and they rang today and advised that an engineer vould come as the engineer had rang in sick. They have re-arranged again for Wednesday, Is there anything I can do?

Are there any templates that I can use?

BG Homecare seem unable to provide an engineer at all! We have been Homecare customers for about 10 years and the service is getting progressively worse. Last May we received a letter from them headed, "Sit back, relax and continue to enjoy expert service for another year", telling us our annual service was due this December. When we rang them during November to make the appointment we were told that there was no change of having our central heating system serviced this year. We were also told that the annual service was not part of the deal it was a good will gesture from them - absolute rubbish, they are contracted to provide it.

This is nothing new. When we started with BG our annual service was in May. They have progressively slipped it backwards in successive years. How long before they win one back?

We complained on 06 November, and as of today no action at all. A word of caution to anyone contemplating taking up the so called service from BG as a result of their posh new TV advert - beware because their claims are simply not true. Find yourself a relaible gas engineer rather than a large company wanting to sell you an insurance policy.