billybobynumeroduo

Professional Negligence Pre-Action Protocol ("the Protocol").

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2501 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

evening all,

can anyone explain what the Professional Negligence Pre-Action Protocol ("the Protocol"). entails?

I am going after the solicitor whom screwed up my ET claim, and they are refusing to co-operate with me or even a firm of solicitors chasing them up for the relevant documents.

They have not complied with an SAR made back in October and I am just wondering where it is going to go from here.

Please see attached letter sent from solicitors.

Kind Regards

BB

Surely your solicitors you are paying for are best placed for any advice?

hi transient,

I was expecting this answer :) however just thought I'd ask around to see if anyone had any views experience with professional negligence.

Thanks for the link

Kind Regards

BB

Hi

This link to the Law Society England and Wales may be of help: www.lawsociety.org.uk/

This Link is for Solicitors Regulation Authority: www.sra.org.uk/

This PDF from Law Society - Your Guide to Using a Solicitor may be helpful:

This PDF from Solicitors Regulation Authority - Handbook may be Helpful:

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hello BB.

I think it would be useful to move this thread to the legal forum for further input from non employment people. It can always be moved back here if need be.

This is no reflection on the advice already kindly given, I just thought it would be good to ask a wider audience. I hope the legal guys will be along later.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi there,

there just a quick update as you already know the employment solicitor has yet to comply with the SAR request and is refusing to co-operate with the solicitors either.

Today the solicitors have written a letter to the offending party

"We must insist that you provide our client’s file of papers by 24 December 2012 at the latest. If we do not hear from you, our client will have little option but to make a formal application to the Court for pre-action disclosure of these papers."

Please can someone explain what this means. Will the solicitors make the application on my behalf? I wont have to get involved, will I have any costs involved?

K regards

BB

Disclosure before proceedings start

CPR31.16

(1) This rule applies where an application is made to the court under any Act for disclosure before proceedings have started1.

(2) The application must be supported by evidence.

(3) The court may make an order under this rule only where–

(a) the respondent is likely to be a party to subsequent proceedings;

(b) the applicant is also likely to be a party to those proceedings;

© if proceedings had started, the respondent’s duty by way of standard disclosure, set out in rule 31.6, would extend to the documents or classes of documents of which the applicant seeks disclosure; and

(d) disclosure before proceedings have started is desirable in order to –

(i) dispose fairly of the anticipated proceedings;

(ii) assist the dispute to be resolved without proceedings; or

(iii) save costs.

(4) An order under this rule must –

(a) specify the documents or the classes of documents which the respondent must disclose; and

(b) require him, when making disclosure, to specify any of those documents –

(i) which are no longer in his control; or

(ii) in respect of which he claims a right or duty to withhold inspection.

(5) Such an order may –

(a) require the respondent to indicate what has happened to any documents which are no longer in his control; and

(b) specify the time and place for disclosure and inspection.

There will be a fee of £45

Regards

Andy

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread