deeplyworried

Issues with Child Tax Credits - Compliance Letter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2464 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I phoned the Child tax helpline today to make the following changes to my claim,

Childcare costs to be reduced to nil as no longer paying childcare

Change address

I was told that I couldn't make the changes as the system wouldn't allow them to as my claim had been passed to another team as a letter had been sent out to me.

I didn't receive the letter and we are due to move house tomorrow which is why I was calling to update my claim.

They gave me a number which I called and they are checking my childcare payments.

I have to admit I stopped paying childcare at the beginning of September, but didn't tell them until I called today and spoke to the compliance team.

I am really worried as I have read on the internet that you can go to jail for overpayments, is this true? I have never done this before and I have certainly learn't my lesson.

The person I spoke to was really nice and just said that I must keep them informed. She also phoned the previous childcare provider who confirmed that I paid up to the end of Sept,but I am still nervous.

Has anyone been in a similar situation.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I don't think you're going to prison. :) You'll have to repay the overpayment though. I would wait for their letter and then ask us if you need any help with it.

I expect the guys will be along with comments for you, but you could also read around the forum for other threads on child benefit.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi , what was your outcome as I have a compliance letter and need to ring them