Vodafone (Lee)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is my 1st post, I have had to come here for advise after following several threads, have an outstanding account with Vodafone, have spoken to Lee as has my father too, to explain things better, something happened in March forcing me to relocate for a while, my bills went to my home address, duly returned "gone away" which was true I am now back after several months absence,

We have spoken to the web relations dept. for several months to no avail. got as far as Lee wanting information that they didn't need to know the details of, and we offered a full and final settlement figure, Vodafone would not accept this unless the had as much details of the reason why I moved, this was a serious matter and no way was Lee going to have those details

Now after trying to come to a full and final payment figure, we offered a sum of £250-00 10% OF THE DEBT, Lee was not going to accept this, and I wasn't going to allow this information out, the account was sent to Frederickson in dispute, and duly returned/recalled to Vodafone, I have no money coming in as I am a full time carer for my father, whom suffered a near fatal stroke in 2010 all I get is his care side of his DLA.

So after the facts have been read I am hoping that someone can advise me what to do next,

thx for reading my thread :|

Well you either make affordable repayments to whoever is collecting the debt, even if this is only say £1 per month or you do nothing and they will try for a CCJ if they think it is worth it. OR For the amount involved ( £2500 debt ?) they could threaten bankruptcy by issuing a statutory demand and you should therefore think of the consequences if you own any assets. It may be advisable given the amount of the debt to make a low repayment offer of say £1 per month, with basic details of your income & expenditure and your circumstances, so they can see your position. This may save you being taken to court and may reduce some of the likely harassment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

IMO, if they are not going to accept your offer, then simply set up a standing order and pay £1 a month, let it run it's course, once you have been paying this for a time, they are more likely to accept our offer.

ONLY pay Voda, NOT some tin pot powerless third party.

And you DO NOT need to supply anyone with your personal private I&E, if you set up a standing order to pay Voda $1 a month then they will be very reluctant to put this in front of a judge.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Lee is aware of some of the circumstances, if they want bankruptcy I have no money I've had to drop out of Uni for a year so what can I do? I've offered they refuse, this situation isn't helping my father, he's had 4 brain surgeries and this has set him back so much, bless him for trying to sort for me, I get just £55-00pw from his DLA, this account has been to Frederickson's already, and returned! its a mess I know but one that we are trying to sort, we are feeling very low and desperate

This is not a priority debt, you can pay them the token legal payment of £1 a month, that is ALL they would ever receive if they put this before a judge, which they won't.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

as this is not a priority debt you pay them £1 per month thats all if they go to court the judge might just shaft voda for the whole lot and then they get nothing .

so set up your standing order for £1 and let it be

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

so are you saying that vodafone will accept at least £1-00 pm and not go to court?

What I am saying is that £1 a month is ALL a Judge would force you to pay as your on benefits and this is not a priority debt.

Whether they accept it or not, is their own issue, if you ask them 'will you accept' they will say no, hence why YOU TELL them what YOU will be paying, then set up a standing order to pay it, NEVER set up a direct debit.

as this is not a priority debt you pay them £1 per month thats all if they go to court the judge might just shaft voda for the whole lot and then they get nothing .

so set up your standing order for £1 and let it be

Agree pay Voda £1 per month by standing order with this confirmed in writing. If Voda don't accept then you can use to your advantage if taken to court. If you are taken to court, all you will be asked to do is make affordable repayments and this may only be £1 per month.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Regardless of whether they accept it or not set up a standing order and pay it, I wouldn't even ask their permission, set up the SO and then write and inform them that this is what you are paying until further notice, and no further protracted correspondence will be entered into.

• 2 weeks later...

LEE YOU WANT THE INS AND OUT AND ALL THE DEATILS THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, I do have the letter from that place dated 24/03/2012 saying why and when but this isn't enough for you is it, so like my dad says you wont get that information, you are just a service provider, and that's far to much info I want in the public domain now what?

Hi Pili24291,

In order to provide further clarification as to what information is required could you email me via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once our automated reply has arrived could you update the thread with your email reference number and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 1 year later...

Lee please help!

I had a defaulted account with vodafone - I have paid it off start of this month - now, I have applied for a mortgage and got declined as it hasn't been updated on my credit file..please help - I need it updated - ASAP - as my mortgage advisor has told me to contact vodafone to get it updated asap.. I have rung vodafone and they didn't do anything.. :(

Please help.. I want it to get updated ASAP..