thegfb

FAO anyone currently awaiting FOS decision on PPI complaint...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2503 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm not gonna ask "how long until I get a decision?" because that's unfair and no one here will know.

What I wouldn't mind knowing is if anyone has currently got an outstanding complaint, how long it's been ongoing and what stage it's at?

Mine is approaching 15 months since I complained to the FOS and is still awaiting allocation to an adjudicator...

thegfb vs Natwest PPI - WON - £5.5k refunded October 2011 :-D

thegfb vs Sainsburys Bank PPI - referred to FOS 15/09/2011, WON - £2.7k refunded February 2013 :wink:

thegfb vs Capital One PPI - Complaint sent September 2012, dragging their heels :roll:

ongoing...

------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all your advice so far :D

Yes - 15 months is a long time - but I have heard of people having to wait more than two years.

How many people are still waiting? Many thousands, I expect

... meanwhile the banks are lending the money out at anything up to 24% to 25% and when they repay you, they will give you 8% - why should they be in a hurry?

I fired off a FOS complaint on November 9th,2012. I got an acknowledgement letter to confirm they received the package. Another 2 weeks later, they sent a letter stating that there were enough details for them to review the case. From the newspaper articles, they are receiving 1600 new cases/day, with a theoretical maximum of 32 million possible complaints.

I put a complaint in to the FOS agaisnt Barclays, from the initial telephone call to receiving the FOS letter informing me they were upholding my complaint agaisnt Barclays was approx 3 months, admittedly mine was a very straight forward case but I have yet to hear from Barclays with their offer! the FOS said Barclays should have an offer to me etc within 12 weeks.

I write to them monthly and email weekly. I never get a response and today had a phonecall to update on the four cases I have with them, and then they said they had lost half of paperwork bout two of them so could I send them again? I have also repeatedly written to my MP to complain about their delays.

I put a complaint in to the FOS agaisnt Barclays, from the initial telephone call to receiving the FOS letter informing me they were upholding my complaint agaisnt Barclays was approx 3 months, admittedly mine was a very straight forward case but I have yet to hear from Barclays with their offer! the FOS said Barclays should have an offer to me etc within 12 weeks.

Sod's law that I typed the above last night and when I arrived home from work today a nice letter was waiting for me from Barclays informing me how much they were paying me back and that it would be credited to my bank account, have checked my account thinking I will have to wait another few weeks for the money and to my surprise it was credited to my account yesterday! :jaw::-D

I think Bankfodder has a handle on this - the 8% paid to the victims of PPI is nothing compared to the rates they can achieve from others, so no incentive for the self-regulators to speed up the process.