debt is not mine and now a default help please >........

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i need help please there is a debt on my credit file that is not mine i raised an issue with the credit reference agency and the company have now settled the debt with partial settlement but this is also untrue as i havent paid anything towards this debt as it isnt mine

the company has issued a default and i need to kno how to get this information off my file as it is stopping me getting a mortgage

thanks

Hi and welcome to CAG

On your credit report, there should be an address to write to (don't phone) of the people who have added the debt. DEMAND that they remove this entry or you will either report them to the Information Commissioner or sue them

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Yes you must contact the company named on the credit file entry, address thr letter to the Data CONTROLLER, place a notice of dispute on theCRA entry, and you will need to check the other CRAs too.

Suggested letter.

The Data Controller

xxxxxxxxxxxx

REF. Incorect Data Registered.

Dear sir,

I write in regard to your company placing data on my credit reference files held by xxxxxxx credit refernce agency, having checked my files I have found an entry regarding a defaulted account of which I have no knowledge and no liability (send screenprint of cra entry) I have enclosed a copy of the entry.

I confirm that I am not the data subject/debtor regarding this account and demand thay you now remove ALL defamatory entries placed on ALL CRA files that you have reported to.

As these erroneous and defamatory reports have prevented me obtaining mortgage finance you will make a suitable offer of compensation for the damage done to my credit profile and the stresss and embarassment caused by being declined for credit facilities because of your companys incompetence a sum of£1500.00 would be appropriate.

I will expect your positive response within 7 working days, after which I will report the matter to the Information Commissioners Office and other regulatory bodies.

send recorded delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: