fgm27

Worried about tax credits investigation

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2511 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am worried sick. I called the tc's helpline to discuss an overpayment from a previous claim and she advised me I was being investigated and gave me a number to call.

I eventually got through this morning and the guy told me he can't discuss with me until I've received my letter but I'm going away on Wednesday.

I've been claiming as a single claimant although my husband still lives at home as our house is in negative equity and he has no family at all and nowhere to go.

I have read a lot of threads on here and people are kind with their advice (unlike another forum I know of) Can anybody tell me what to expect please? I am sick with nerves and worry.

Also, what should I do if the letter doesn't come before Wednesday? I don't know whether to callback and tell him that I know what it is about and want to sort it out now.

Thanks in advance :-)

Can anybody help me with this please?

Hi i cant offer much help but i'm in the same situation I got my letter on friday and am also worried sick, not sleeping or eating. They have given me 3 weeks to contact them so depending on how long you are away for it may wait until you get back.

hope you get sorted

If your ex has his post going elsewhere it should be fine. Will just mean a bit of to'ing & fro'ing with proof. If it goes to yours they are almost certain to assume you're still a couple as there is nothing else for them to assume otherwise? Officially I mean.