Scam?? Fly.co.uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just spent £1.50 on getting a letter delivered.

It is claiming that we reversed a payment for their "flexifly" service.... and demands payment, instantly. It also gives a German address (but the letter was posted in the UK, without a stamp) - and the only contact details are an email address, and a 50p a minute phone line.

The date on the letter is the 5th December - and the email address is @fly-service.co.uk

We had a credit card cloned this time last year, and the details on the letter (name and address) match the name and address used then - my name and address, but slightly wrong. That credit card was used to buy flights from Athens to Karachi, and it no longer exists, it cannot have been used again (and reversed by the bank).

The letter gives no details of which credit card/debit card was used, if, indeed, there was one used. Certainly our banks have not told us anything - but then they often don't, when they reverse a transaction.

Has anyone dealt with fly? is their email address @fly-service?

According to the WHOIS records, the company operating the Fly domain also owns Fly-service. If you have any concerns about the letter's legitimacy then contact them through the main website and let them forward it to the correct department internally.

It's possible that your bank made the chargeback without properly explaining the reason behind it, and Fly have unwittingly lumped you in with all the other debtors as a result.

You'll probably need to write to your bank to get them to confirm that the transaction was the result of a cloned card and forward this to Fly. Or if you reported it to the police, then confirmation of your crime reference number may be enough to resolve the situation. Either way I would contact Fly contesting the debt, explaining that it was a result of fraud and asking what they will require to stop pursuing the claim.

I have had an email back.

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for contacting fly.co.uk.

Good service means quick and uncomplicated processing of customer requests.

And that is precisely our goal!

We want to help you find the answers to your questions quickly and easily. In the FAQ below, you can find answers to many of the questions concerning your booking without needlessly spending your valuable time and energy.

*list of FAQs*

If you have any other questions, please use the contact form on our Service Page. In urgent cases, please call our Service Team. This way, we will be able to address your individual concerns as quickly as possible.

Please do not reply to this message, as it will no longer be processed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Your fly.co.uk Team

It makes me rather glad that

From what I have heard of consumer law, it is not sufficient for a company to hide behind a "contact us" on a website, as that gives the consumer no evidence of what has been said/whether the item has been received.

I have not been provided with a UK address to write to (despite their letter coming from the UK) - and their 0904 number is 51p per minute.

I am tempted to ignore them - what do you think?

Customer Service: Phone (Support national; local rates):

0208-0995486

not sure if thats cheapers thats taken from the fly.co.uk "contact us" section, when it brings up the FAQ'S just keep clicking "this didnt answer my question"

also shows email as - [email protected]

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I have also tried e mailing this company on the above e mail address, twice now, with no response. I wabnted to know what I was being charged for, why extra charges were adeed, the termsof the insurance I purchased and if our luggage was included or did we have to pay more.

My advice to anyone is to avoid this company like the plague!