Tartan Barty

Comapnies House Late Filing Fee - Claim Started

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2515 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a small limited comapny in Scotland and for medical reasons I filed my yearly account 2 weeks late. I recieved a £150 late filing fee. Due to the seasonal nature of my business cash flow at this time of year is pretty dire so I couldn't pay it all in one go. I paid £65 in October and then received a claim through the post during November for the £85 oustanding. I have paid a further £100 in late November and then £35 today after speaking to companies house (they confirmed that this was the oustanding amount due to fees). Total paid to date £200. Companies House told me that the Lewis Group were dealing with this debt and I should ring them to confirm the balance is paid. I don't pay DCA ever but rang them to check that it was clear. The woman was very rude and abrupt and insisted that I should have paid them not companies house.....whoops no commission for you!! She said that there was a balance of £111.23 outstanding. When questioned (and she made a right meal of the figures) she said that they had added £126.23 legal expenses onto the claim for £85!!! Now all they have done is issue the claim so is there something that should make the legal fee proportional to the claim? £126.23 for typing 50 words onto a form and submitting it can't cost that. What are my options here?Any help much appreciated.

Hi Tartan

That will be the court fee and sol fee.Now as there is no debt make sure you complete the N1 response pack (Acknowledgment of service) and also state within the Defence and CC (N9B) section 2 that it is paid.Otherwise they will still get a default judgment (just for their fees).

Its up to them to withdraw or discontinue.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy.Is that for Scotland or England? So I owe £76.23 which is the balance of their 'fees', are you saying I don't need to pay this or that I should pay it and then fill the forms in? Is the £126.23 acceptable for a £85 claim?!?

That's for both (I Assume the Claim is Northampton CCBC?)

They have issued the claim on the pretence that a debt was out standing..that is the standard court fee for an N1 claim.The Sols fees may vary.Now that debt has been paid ( accepted not to the Claimant but direct) then really they should advise them to withdraw.

I can not see CH doing that..after all a penalty is a penalty and CH are very strict.

I personally would pay the exact amount remaining as per the N1 claim......should they wish to proceed for the balance this will became a nonsense and you don't want a CCJ for £76.23.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread