Help - Funds stolen from my card - chip and pin - I still have card

hereigo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I just noticed last night that some money was missing from my account, (Santander), after speaking to the bank it turns out two payments have been made, apparently using my card, and chip and pin. I am waiting for them to investigate.

The problem is I still have my card, and I am very careful with my Pin, how is this possible? there is no way someone cloned my card, and if somehow they did, they could not of got my pin as well!.

I have read banks are blaming customers if funds are taken using chip and pin, and there may be a new kind of fraud around where fraudsters have bypassed chip and pin, but I'm concerned now, if someone can steal funds without my card or my pin, and it still show up as chip and pin then nothing is safe?.

How did they do this? are the bank going to try and not refund my funds as it was "chip and pin".

Confused and concerned,

Thanks for any help.

IS there any indication that the withdrawal was not a cash one at anATM>?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello All, Thank you for the replies.

they refunded one charge, I am waiting for the other one to hopefully be returned.

I thought chip and pin could not be cloned? is it possible someone had a camera and reader on a machine I used awhile ago, and then made a fake card with the details? having looked around it seems people do this. The money spent seemed to not be an ATM but a retail charge of some sort, apparently they also used it for something to do with mobile phones.

I was aware to look out for [problem]s around cash machines, but I thought they used a machine that zaps the card, I guess they have got more advanced?. I still don't understand how they were able to take me into overdraft, as I cannot do that with the actual card.

unless a payment was processed later for some reason.

Having looked at the devices online they are so hard to spot even if you are looking for them!. and they also used WiFi so they don't even need to be there!. scary.

Thanks