hereigo

Help - Funds stolen from my card - chip and pin - I still have card

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2508 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello All,

I just noticed last night that some money was missing from my account, (Santander), after speaking to the bank it turns out two payments have been made, apparently using my card, and chip and pin. I am waiting for them to investigate.

The problem is I still have my card, and I am very careful with my Pin, how is this possible? there is no way someone cloned my card, and if somehow they did, they could not of got my pin as well!.

I have read banks are blaming customers if funds are taken using chip and pin, and there may be a new kind of fraud around where fraudsters have bypassed chip and pin, but I'm concerned now, if someone can steal funds without my card or my pin, and it still show up as chip and pin then nothing is safe?.

How did they do this? are the bank going to try and not refund my funds as it was "chip and pin".

Confused and concerned,

Thanks for any help.

Hello, Just to add, this also caused me to go overdrawn, which I cannot normally do, so how this could of taken place baffles me. Thanks

IS there any indication that the withdrawal was not a cash one at anATM>?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hello All, Thank you for the replies.

they refunded one charge, I am waiting for the other one to hopefully be returned.

I thought chip and pin could not be cloned? is it possible someone had a camera and reader on a machine I used awhile ago, and then made a fake card with the details? having looked around it seems people do this. The money spent seemed to not be an ATM but a retail charge of some sort, apparently they also used it for something to do with mobile phones.

I was aware to look out for [problem]s around cash machines, but I thought they used a machine that zaps the card, I guess they have got more advanced?. I still don't understand how they were able to take me into overdraft, as I cannot do that with the actual card.

unless a payment was processed later for some reason.

Having looked at the devices online they are so hard to spot even if you are looking for them!. and they also used WiFi so they don't even need to be there!. scary.

Thanks