pagekeeper

Developers not delievered on service and now asking for full payment to continue!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2507 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I hired a web development ltd company to create an ecommerce website.

All started really well, the 2 guys seemed nice etc. Note that it was a referral from another person i know in the design field. Estimated 4.5 total, done on the 'cheap'. as they called it. To start required 50%. Fine done & paid via business account. to what i Think the directors personal account or so he later claims is a business account.

We in turn received a VAT invoice for the amount. One month was allotted to the project, first month went by, some light work on the design was done, not functioning very well.

Month 2 I then sent a detailed plan of what was needed schematic if you like of the intended system. To keep them going they requested the request of the money, (50/50) optional, the stage was literally the design, no backend or anything. I said no, i havent seen enough to be satisfied to do that, they then said other projects will take over to help their cash flow, i said fine ok as long as its done in reasonable time for Christmas. There after they vanished from my skype/emails for about 2 months.

I knew they are active because they have a website, and my designer is good friends with their client, word got back recently, sent me an apology letter. Before this recent letter he has cited personal fatigue issues and spent a month out of work (highly doubt), and the partner about to take leave. They were excepting far too much work in my opinion.

Its now December i did get revised deadline of 3rd today, emails have exchanged. I decided i want my money back, he flat out declined and said if i wanted to continue the project i would now have cough up in full.

It is their first year of trading and im definitely sure they have assets, but he did say to me in a recent email its not doing too well and may go into other areas..

I feel very cheated, i trusted these guys and the only thing i can think of is to go small claims. I only have NDA official agreement with them. i need advice on how to fight these guys, his responses when i became legal were very prompt, but he was very arrogant, stating he would win. I genuinely am from a poor background, i run a company which i built up with my uncle from the ground up, and we still dont make a great deal of money for the 75+ hours i work every week and That is a lot to me. Its these sorts of people that hinder the growth of this country.

Thanks.