style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I asked for details from the council about a liability order and they sent me this.

Period Of Liability 01.04.2007 to 30.08.2007

Full Charge £727.37

Costs £203

Outstanding Balance £930.37

I sent a another letter to the council asking about the costs and they never replied, the letter was sent recorded delivery so I know they received it over one month ago.

Are they required by any law to provide details of these costs?

The bailiff company confirmed to me previously by letter that as a goodwill gesture they have removed all fees from the account so the only cost should be the £5 liability order fee.

did you get the copy bet it is not a original just a copy that the council print off!!

you have been charged court costs for that you should expect a copy the cost of a liability order for the council is a few ££££

you know the score with regards to bailiffs???

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

is this linked to the other two threads on the same ctax issues?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As many people on here are aware, I have a commercial business providing assistance to debtors regarding a bailiff visit. To date I have only ever seen ONE LIABILITY ORDER.

It is simply astonishing that such an order is NOT given to the debtor and in fact, after Christmas I intend addressing this very subject !!!!!!!

I would be grateful if you would contact the council and request a true copy of the original Liability Order.

Please post back with their response !!!!!

This could be fun.

• 7 months later...

The council sent me a reply that the £200 costs was court costs so I decided to pay this bill in May this year, I asked the council to confirm receipt of this payment as I paid by their online payment system.

They sent me a reply which confirmed receipt of the payment and that my account balance was now zero and all money owned had been paid.

In July this year the bailiffs turned up with no warning at my property wanting to remove goods to cover the money that they said I owned to the council for council tax arrears.

I phoned the council and they confirmed that I did not owe them anything and that my balance was zero.

The bailiffs then claimed that the councils bill was settled but I owe them fees for two visits although they had already sent me a letter previously confirming that all fees have been removed from my account.

Are they breaking the law by giving me warning letters claiming that I owe money to the council? Is this not classed as trying to obtain money by deception?

I was not home when the bailiff visited my property but my partner and four year old daughter was so as you can imagine this really scared them.

The bailiffs have not replied to the letter that I have sent to them, so I am not sure what to do next, can anyone give some advise?

If you want to complain, write to the council and ask them for an explanation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread