style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2509 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I was asked to produce my ticket whilst just standing and waiting in a tube station. I was a bit surprised as I've never been asked in this sort of scenario before. When I started looking through my bag I couldn't find my ticket. I later found it and appealed with a scan of the ticket.

Here is my letter I sent to IRCAS. They have turned down the appeal. Can you offer any advice please.

Hello

I was waiting with my mother at Shepherds Bush while we were trying to decide whether we would both to go Westfield or she would go alone and I would join her later.

We were standing for a few minutes discussing when a member of staff came up to me and asked if I had a ticket. I said I did and started going through my bag to get my ticket.

I looked through my bag for a few minutes and then my coat and explained that it was in there somewhere but I was having trouble finding it in amongst all the things that were in my bag.

The member of staff did not even give me a few minutes to look through properly but started writing a penalty fare notice.

I knew I had it in there unless it had fallen out and so went back to see if I could find it.

I later found it at the bottom of my bag as I had not put it back into my usual ticket wallet.

By that point, I was in Westfield shopping centre and when I went back, I could not see the member of staff to get the penalty fare notice cancelled.

I am therefore appealing my fine and can provide, if required, a scan of my ticket.