• Tweets

• So this is alleged fraud, rather than a normal debt situation.   Why have UK authorities not been involved, if the person has lived in the UK ?   Perhaps they have tried and got nowhere, so use these interpol red notices to have them detained in a third party country.    I have read online articles that say these interpol notices are being abused by Banks based in UAE.          
    • So nothing to do with deprivation of capital, but bad choices of how they spend benefit monies.   Sounds like they are on a downward spiral to living on the streets and getting into an even worse situation.
    • 4 th time we've merged your threads  for complete history of your story please keeps to one thread
    • @dx100uk @ anyone else interested in Fighting HSBC UK  Staff/department non compliance and incompetence/interference in between HSBC UK and customers.   I wanted to know what you guys had to say about the reply i got from HSBC UK today.    Recap. I originally turned to HSBC UK to be reunited with Money i saved in accounts that where frozen and made dormant during the year 1995.   HSBC UK Teams tell me that HSBC UK only allows them to have access to account records dated back 6 years. there for they do not have the records, can not locate the records i requested for in my SAR. there for HSBC UK teams Ignored my SAR application for records of accounts made frozen and dormant during the year 1995. HSBC then claim if the accounts where closed they will no longer hold records of these accounts and tell that to the ICO. I again explained to HSBC UK and the ICO the records of accounts where left frozen and dormant.   HSBC UK teams continue to tell me over the phone that The records i requested for in my SAR, will not be located or do not exist because HSBC only allows them to have access to records of accounts dated back 6 years.    I returned to HSBC highlighting there is no such provision in the Data Protection Act.   HSBC UK teams today totally ignored my complaint again and confirmed with me they are classing my complaint as wanting to locate accounts that where closed.   Let me know what you think about the  HSBC UK teams response to my last complaint. Is there any other letters i can send them to confirm thay are not correct about what they have done.    The HSBC UK letter starts of by:You've been unable to recover funds you held in HSBC UK Accounts that were closed in 1994 to 1995, and to obtain the account details for the accounts concerned. You've been advised that we only retain records for up to 6 years, but you've been unable to locate any provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA). You require a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned. You feel your Subject Access Request (SAR) has been ignored by HSBC UK.   HSBC UK Teams now go on to explain: In respect of you being advised we only retain records for up to 6 years, but having been unable to locate any  provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA), I can confirm that under the DPA, we are obliged to only keep records for as long as we deem necessary, in order to effectively manage our data. So, for most cases, this will be for no more than 6 years.   In regards to your request for a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned, I regret that this isn't something that we can provide, as we don't keep records of when individual customer data was destroyed. I'd also like to clarify that if the accounts concerned were closed after becoming dormant, that we would have sent you closing statements at the time.   Lastly, I'm sorry you feel we've ignored your SAR. I want to assure you that we'll always look to accommodate a request for a SAR as best as we can. However, if we're unable to locate the account details and information required, this will mean we're unable to fulfil the request, which has unfortunately been the case on this occasion.   How else do you think i can highlight to HSBC that the teams dealing with My complaint, and request to be reunited with my money is not going to departments that can deal with my demand for services.?  
    • Hi   I have to agree if you have paid off the debt owed to them via this meter and are up to date on your bills  I would look at changing supplier and as said asking new supplier to install a standard meter and look for the best deals for you.
  • Our picks

nick7602

VW Jetta 06 Model Cam Belt failure VW wont contribute

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2531 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys

This almost killed me, I was in the fast lane of the motorway when this happened, and crossed 3 lanes narrowly missing a HGV vehicle in the process

I have a VW Jetta 06 model, FSH, 28 months ago I had a cambelt snap this inturn destroyed the cylinder head, replaced the cylinder head and cam belt but after speaking with the service manger they didnt replace the water pump which I thought was odd.

Last week the same happened again well within the recomended mileage that VW state for replacing the cambelt infact 40000 miles short of the time it needs replacing which is 70000 miles.

It transpires that I am 4 months outside the parts warranty, so I spoke with VW UK and they said it was highly unlikely that they would foot the bill due to the age and mileage of the vehicle I asked what has that got to do with repalcing the cylinder head and renewing what your part has destroyed, the whole cylinder head and parts, this isnt even a part that is checked within servicing as i mentioned to the dealer it had a full service history, they wanted me to contribute to the strip down of the engine by £300 for apart that they fitted and has subsequently failed, I buy an Item which is obviously not fit for purpose and I have to pay again to strip it down for VW to say we cant help???? because of their inferior parts

Really dont know what rights I have now,this is a massive job about £3000 to replace it all, for something that wasnt my fault, now im without a car and cant afford the £3000 bill...........this cant eb right surely

Hi Guys

This almost killed me, I was in the fast lane of the motorway when this happened, and crossed 3 lanes narrowly missing a HGV vehicle in the process

I have a VW Jetta 06 model, FSH, 28 months ago I had a cambelt snap this inturn destroyed the cylinder head, replaced the cylinder head and cam belt but after speaking with the service manger they didnt replace the water pump which I thought was odd.

Last week the same happened again well within the recomended mileage that VW state for replacing the cambelt infact 40000 miles short of the time it needs replacing which is 70000 miles.

It transpires that I am 4 months outside the parts warranty, so I spoke with VW UK and they said it was highly unlikely that they would foot the bill due to the age and mileage of the vehicle I asked what has that got to do with repalcing the cylinder head and renewing what your part has destroyed, the whole cylinder head and parts, this isnt even a part that is checked within servicing as i mentioned to the dealer it had a full service history, they wanted me to contributelink3.gif to the strip down of the engine by £300 for apart that they fitted and has subsequently failed, I buy an Item which is obviously not fit for purpose and I have to pay again to strip it down for VW to say we cant help???? because of their inferior parts

Really dont know what rights I have now,this is a massive job about £3000 to replace it all, for something that wasnt my fault, now im without a car and cant afford the £3000 bill...........this cant eb

I would say that SOGA is your best friend as you expect the cambelt to last another 70,000 miles and that the dealer had done the job correctly.

The vehicle is at the dealer at the moment am I entitled to a repair of the cylinder head? the cam belt snapped and as a direct result destroyed the cylinder head this is standard when a cam belt snaps.

my gut feeling is that why should i pay again, this cam belt and cylinder head was only repalced 28 months ago, the dealers time frame for Cambelt replacement is that it should reach 70000 miles beofre it needs to be replaced, its only done 30000 miles, and its snapped again and destroyed the cylinder again. why should i pay for waht must be inferior parts

Thanks for all you help it is very much appreciated

I would have said replacing the head is a bit extreme?

If a belt snaps on an "interferance engine" which unless yours is a V6, I guess it is an inteferance engine, you bend a few valves. I've never heard of a head being written off for a snapped belt before?

Who changed the cambelt, was it a franchised VW dealer and was genuine VW parts used?