• Tweets

• Complete joke, trying to access the Moneyclaim online using the case number and password which is on the court papers and unable due to case number or password wrong. They are 100% same as on paperwork, we accessed to submit AOS now unable to submit defence,     
    • Hello, Some might remember me I put up a post about buying a seat leon,   Anyway it has caused me hell!!   So I had a new dual mass flywheel and clutch fitted by   Formula one auto center    A couple of days later my clutch is slipping and making noises and smells, so I took it back to the garage and they have offered repair it free of charge under Warranty,   I have told them I had trouble getting the car into them for the whole day the first time they fixed it and I need my car,   I have asked them to provide a courtesy car but they refuse to provide it.   Under consumer rights act 2015    Page 23   paragraph 2   (A) do so within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to the consumer and,    (B) bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials and postage)   They must cover the cost of this?   Thanks again    
    • images/posts removed . please do not post jpg picture images directly to a post . read upload and redact in jpg then convert using on of the listed websites there to convert to one multipage pdf only . that way only logged-in,registered and approved caggers are the only ones that can download and see them . else anyone can see them caggers or not. dx
    • OK, I will do now.   I did look to black out certain things, but I was not sure what I should and should not redact and there was nothing on there that was personal enough for me to be concerned with being made public. So I am happy for all to view, but if you are kind enough to redact what is needed as per the forum rules, that would be amazing.     I was planning on collecting up other court cases they have lost, to refer to as part of my evidence, I'm not sure if this is worth doing or could just confuse matters?   But there seem to be many where the judge has ruled against them because of confusing and not clearly displayed signage, trespass, as well as their charge being £100, which is more than the Bevis case said was reasonable.    A quick search found this article as one example KBT cornwall lose case article.pdf   Lastly, I will go to the site to get updated images, but from google earth, you can see from the pictures the entrance states it is for the hotel parking, which I follwed instructions and gave my details to the hotel. Where I think my car was parked (it was that long ago I'm not exactly sure) there are signs on the opposite wall, but it was 12.30am, pitch black and they could not be seen.           Claimants_WS.pdf
    • yes but have the landowner paid this years contract fee. no evidence they have in the ws. pop it back up now if you wish. the forum is quiet i'll redact it for you so we have the info.   dx  
  • Our picks

nick7602

VW Jetta 06 Model Cam Belt failure VW wont contribute

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2559 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys

This almost killed me, I was in the fast lane of the motorway when this happened, and crossed 3 lanes narrowly missing a HGV vehicle in the process

I have a VW Jetta 06 model, FSH, 28 months ago I had a cambelt snap this inturn destroyed the cylinder head, replaced the cylinder head and cam belt but after speaking with the service manger they didnt replace the water pump which I thought was odd.

Last week the same happened again well within the recomended mileage that VW state for replacing the cambelt infact 40000 miles short of the time it needs replacing which is 70000 miles.

It transpires that I am 4 months outside the parts warranty, so I spoke with VW UK and they said it was highly unlikely that they would foot the bill due to the age and mileage of the vehicle I asked what has that got to do with repalcing the cylinder head and renewing what your part has destroyed, the whole cylinder head and parts, this isnt even a part that is checked within servicing as i mentioned to the dealer it had a full service history, they wanted me to contribute to the strip down of the engine by £300 for apart that they fitted and has subsequently failed, I buy an Item which is obviously not fit for purpose and I have to pay again to strip it down for VW to say we cant help???? because of their inferior parts

Really dont know what rights I have now,this is a massive job about £3000 to replace it all, for something that wasnt my fault, now im without a car and cant afford the £3000 bill...........this cant eb right surely

Hi Guys

This almost killed me, I was in the fast lane of the motorway when this happened, and crossed 3 lanes narrowly missing a HGV vehicle in the process

I have a VW Jetta 06 model, FSH, 28 months ago I had a cambelt snap this inturn destroyed the cylinder head, replaced the cylinder head and cam belt but after speaking with the service manger they didnt replace the water pump which I thought was odd.

Last week the same happened again well within the recomended mileage that VW state for replacing the cambelt infact 40000 miles short of the time it needs replacing which is 70000 miles.

It transpires that I am 4 months outside the parts warranty, so I spoke with VW UK and they said it was highly unlikely that they would foot the bill due to the age and mileage of the vehicle I asked what has that got to do with repalcing the cylinder head and renewing what your part has destroyed, the whole cylinder head and parts, this isnt even a part that is checked within servicing as i mentioned to the dealer it had a full service history, they wanted me to contributelink3.gif to the strip down of the engine by £300 for apart that they fitted and has subsequently failed, I buy an Item which is obviously not fit for purpose and I have to pay again to strip it down for VW to say we cant help???? because of their inferior parts

Really dont know what rights I have now,this is a massive job about £3000 to replace it all, for something that wasnt my fault, now im without a car and cant afford the £3000 bill...........this cant eb

I would say that SOGA is your best friend as you expect the cambelt to last another 70,000 miles and that the dealer had done the job correctly.

The vehicle is at the dealer at the moment am I entitled to a repair of the cylinder head? the cam belt snapped and as a direct result destroyed the cylinder head this is standard when a cam belt snaps.

my gut feeling is that why should i pay again, this cam belt and cylinder head was only repalced 28 months ago, the dealers time frame for Cambelt replacement is that it should reach 70000 miles beofre it needs to be replaced, its only done 30000 miles, and its snapped again and destroyed the cylinder again. why should i pay for waht must be inferior parts

Thanks for all you help it is very much appreciated

I would have said replacing the head is a bit extreme?

If a belt snaps on an "interferance engine" which unless yours is a V6, I guess it is an inteferance engine, you bend a few valves. I've never heard of a head being written off for a snapped belt before?

Who changed the cambelt, was it a franchised VW dealer and was genuine VW parts used?